Anywhere near Abersoch ?

Happy new year, one & all.
The Llyn peninsula, one the greatest culinary deserts in the UK.
Staycationing with extended family in Abersoch for a week in May - anywhere anyone would recommend to eat nearby ? We of course need the full house of GF, vegan and ‘normal’ options without it being too posh, too expensive, catering for sulky teenagers etc- the whole nine yards. Cant wait :slight_smile:

Of course if there is anywhere actually good that me and my other half can escape to for an evening, that would be lovely too…

It’s a decade since we had a week in Abersoch - or Wilmslow-on-Sea, as it is “fondly” known. It was place of childhood holidays and I’d not been back since I was about 17. It seemed not to have changed that much.

Your mention of “culinary desert” suggests that it’s not changed since the decade ago, However.

We went to the Dining Room just a few weeks after it opened and I see it’s still going which is a good sign. It was the shining light of the week. Nice little bistro - he cooked, she did front of house. The Porth Tocyn Hotel is reliably “old school” - it’s been in the Good Food Guide for decades.

The Glyn-y-Weddw Arm just up the road at Llanbedrog might be worth a look.

Other than that…

1 Like

Brilliant, thanks John
The Dining Room straight to the top of the list. Midget gems negroni ? ,yes please :slight_smile: