Anything new in Northern Berkshires?

First post pandemic trip to the Berkshires. Anything new worth trying, or updates on worthy holdovers? We’ll be between Williamstown and Pittsfield. Lunch and dinner spots.

I searched YELP for a wonderful place we went to several years ago in that area. Beautiful, cozy French place in that area. Was it a dream?

1 Like

Are you thinking of Bistro Zinc in Lenox? It’s lovely and French. Also The Mission in Pittsfield is a nice tapas/small plates place. In my general experience in the Berkshires post -Covid (kids live there), restaurants are kind of weird about operating and serving hours so checking ahead is better than depending on websites.

No, this was a little standalone cabin-like space with a fireplace, several smallish eating areas and a bar. It wasn’t in a town–set off by itself. We were there in early spring, but it looked like there were pretty garden beds (informal) and maybe an outdoor stone patio. There was a parking area adjacent.
Food was excellent and classic (my husband sweetbreads).

1 Like

Just found it! “The Mill on the Floss”. Sadly, it closed in March 2020. It was PERFECT!

2 Likes

Article from Berkshire Eagle:

`
Mill on the floss berkshireeagle.pdf (583.3 KB)

`

1 Like

That was out favorite place to go. We stayed at the Orchards in Williamstown and would always hit Mill on the Floss. Sad it closed

When are you going? Bascom Lodge is only open for the season until Oct 17. It’s beautiful - my husband and I have stayed there but we’ve never tried the dinners. A trusted neighbor has and she said the food was excellent. I bet the dinners are fun. I’ve posted recently about North Berkshires, but only casual-food places around North Adams, which might not be your and your husband’s jam.

We’ll be there the 14-17th so it’s a possibility. Is dinner only for lodging guests? We’ll be staying near Jiminy Peak