Anyone used a Dash egg cooker?

Been busy, hope to try it soon!

1 Like

I just tried it, love it, wish I’d had one in college.

My yolks are a little underdone, ok for eating but I prefer firmer for deviled eggs. Should I just leave them in cooker a couple of minutes after buzzer goes off?

You need to read the directions carefully! Prick the big end of egg, place in cooker pricked side UP!

4 Likes

The first time I used it, I left them in for a couple of minutes after the timer went off. They were perfect. Today I didn’t leave them in for any extra time, but I haven’t tried them yet, so I don’t know if I should have.
On the other hand, I don’t know if I would listen to anything I have to say because today I forgot to turn it on. Only realized when I checked it after ten minutes! :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

HA HA. Funny.

1 Like

I’d like to give one to a friend but it’s a family of 6; are there larger ones that work?

Here’s their 12 egg model:

2 Likes

I wonder if I should just use room temperature eggs.

I’m sure that would be fine. I tried to find out if Dash recommends that, but I couldn’t find anything. I really don’t think it makes much difference in this case.

If you’re finding the yolks underdone add another 15 ml of water. You’re better cooking another 30 seconds (guess) longer than leaving to sit dry/hot/contracting, in terms of how easy they are to peel.

2 Likes

And don’t have it in locked position while you’re cooking.

1 Like

So have you tried it yet? What do you think? :grinning:

I’d buy one if I didn’t have at least two steamers for hard cooking eggs. I like Dash appliances.

1 Like