Any recent Worcester, MA lunch recs?

Heading west to Worcester tomorrow to hit the Ecotarium. Any recs for pre-game lunch places? We’ve only been to Armsby Abbey which we liked but that was 8 years ago (I checked - we were going to see Neil Young and Wilco at the DCU - where does the time go?!).

Anything new and/or notable, not to mention kid-friendly?

Thanks.

Finally made it to Armsby Abbey today for lunch with a colleague from WPI. For beer fans, it’s the real deal. They had six (6) Hill Farmstead beers on tap. I’ve sought out places that have one ;-). Cheese board was well composed (jam, honey, nuts, sliced apple, sliced Iggy’s baguette and fruit/nut bread), and 14 local cheese options (we sampled two, cows milk Woodcock Farm, one of our favorite small VT producers, and a blue from CT). Didn’t try the charcuterie board - options included beef heart pastrami and smoked beef tongue, a bit more adventurous than my mood, but with pork rillettes and Serrano ham I’ll return to give it a try. Followed the cheese with a pulled pork sandwich. The pork was tender but a bit under-sauced. The charcuterie might have been the better play - next time.

7 Likes

Thank you for reminding me of Armsby Abbey. That selection of Hill Farmstead brews is enough to recommend a revisit for us! And the cheese. I just took note that they only do a brunch menu on weekends, so I will have to bear that in mind.

ETA: A brunch menu instead of a lunch menu on weekends. Armsby Abbey does serve dinner on weekends.

Brunch makes both me and B sad.

1 Like