Any parties tonight?

I almost dread to ask but is anyone holding a celebration/commiseration party tonight?

And, if so, what are you having to eat?

My weight in oxycodone. Normally, I’d soothe myself with Cheetos, but now that’s ruined.

7 Likes

Around 7:00 AM I asked if it was too early for a Manhattan. I’ve bravely avoided alcohol thus far today, but I can’t say how long I’ll hod off. It’s gray, chilly and rainy here today, so I’ll probably light a fire, make a batch of Manhattans and snack on pita and hummus while reading a good book.

1 Like

I have a gig tonight where I will continue drinking with fellow sufferers.

Still in shock, frankly.

5 Likes

Speaking for myself, the dread is here and the appetite is gone.

2 Likes

And your first time voting, as well. :confused:

Comfort food and a coupla bottles of red. Seeing people standing on street corners with Not My President signs today made me feel a little better.

1 Like

I’m celebrating tonight, celebrating what I’ve known for years, that the majority of Americans are the most dumbest bell ends on earth.

Do they really think this is going to happen, do they really think the Mexicans are going to pay for it? As for banning Muslims well I’m speechless that people think this is workable. And can he really create millions of manufacturing jobs that have gone to Mexico and China? I think not . I was saddened that human stupidity was in full view for the world to see everytime there was a clip/interview with a Trump supporter.

1 Like

I went to sleep early. Awoke curious about my state election results because I knew Trump couldn’t have won…actually became sick.

Numb all day. We closed the shop and went out for lunch (which we never do) and had a couple of glasses of wine. Helped marginally.

I feel as though I am in mourning for my country. And very worried about the ramifications and legacy that the next four years will bring.

5 Likes

I went to sleep feeling dread, not sure until this morning… my appetite has been missing today. I am baffled, shocked, disappointed and sick over this turn of events.

And i’m gonna need a LOT more wine.

2 Likes

If prohibition doesn’t happen first.

Went out for sushi tonight . Had some saki and cider . I’m glad it happened . In a million years from now none of this will matter and the earth will still be here .

1 Like

Actually I’ve voted in 2012. That was a much better one to be the first.

2 Likes

Hey – there is a green lining for the weed crowd.

3 Likes

I had read Michael Moors article “5 reasons why Trump will win the election” several months ago.
I got a chill down my spine and in an instant knew he was right. Regardless I was hoping for the best
but preparing for the worst… denial
I haven’t had much of an appetite so I have just been picking. I don’t drink or use recreational drugs I
am just coasting along in a low level depression … this too shall pass
I just can’t wrap my mind around the fact that people voted for someone they were embarrassed to admit they were voting for. Racism, bigotry, misogyny, the destruction of our environment! I am not angry because there will be enough of that to go around when the folks who voted him in realize what they have done … and that the other candidate was the moderate sane one.

1 Like

Demos should have had Bernie . H was a bad choice . Might have been a lot different . I wonder what’s their favorite food ?

1 Like

Going to have to agree to disagree … like the food we eat everything in moderation
I just can’t wrap my mind around the fact that people voted for someone they were embarrassed to admit they were voting for. Racism, bigotry, misogyny, the destruction of our environment! https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/10/misogyny-us-election-voters

3 Likes