Angelhearts Diner in Ithaca - The New Vegan Spot

Been a long time since I posted and while I don’t go out to eat very often, I will be revisiting this place soon. Had the Beets Me Burger, Susie’s Seitan Burger, and the Philly Fries. All Amazing.
Both burgers are presented very simply, but wow is there a lot of flavor.
Both came on a bun, lettuce, two thin slices of tomato, cashew cheese, and smoked coconut “bacon”
The fries are plentiful (definitely too much for one person IMO) served with thinly sliced onions and green bell peppers, chikwheat shreds, and smothered…I mean smothered in cashew cheese.
At $24 for the whole meal, it was an inexpensive, ridiculously filling, and delicious meal for two.
They also make vegan donuts which are all the rage. I tried these on a quick to-go visit. Light, fluffy, a little chewy, but perfectly glazed. I’m not a dessert person, but friends who are love them. My only knock and this is very minor, is there coffee. Not sure if the blame is on the supplier or the maker, but it was weak and flavorless and I’m pretty sure, fairly pricey, as the Donut and Coffee set me back $4 and change.

Forget the coffee and get the burgers. I can’t wait to go back for breakfast.
My only knock on

2 Likes

Welcome back!!!

1 Like

I went for lunch last week and had a special menu item - Double Fried breaded Buffalo Soy Patty Sandwich with Bleu Cheez. Came with lettuce, tomato, and pickle. I had a side order of shoestring fries.
$10 and it was absolutely delicious. I was dining alone, right before work, and was in and out in 25 minutes right during lunchtime. Loving this new spot.

1 Like