Americas top fast food places.....# 1 surprises me

Anyone else notice who is missing??? This is based on customer satisfaction…not sales. Interesting all the same though.

No burgers? Do people really like those fake pizza places? Mamma Mia!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure what exactly a “satisfaction poll” is, I"m assuming food/service etc. over the actual product(s) served.

1 Like

I’m a fan of Papa Johns and Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut has that super nostalgia factor, and I find Papa Johns to be quite tasty. But the real reason I like them is because you can get a loaded everything pizza for $10. Getting something similar from a local pizza place would run nearly $20. And IMO the puffier thicker pizzas that chains serve hold up better to all those toppings. Getting an everything pizza from local places usually end up a soggy unbalanced mess.

In short: Local pizza: Best plain. Chain delivery pizza: Best with tons of toppings.

1 Like

That Little Caesars rang in at number 3 in the satisfaction rating polls just might show how low-brow and indiscriminate the average consumer is. :grin:

DISCLAIMER: My family buys Hot & Ready pizza quite a few times a year. We do this because the owners of Little Caesars also own the Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Tigers. Gotta keep the player pipeline to these two teams full of talent.

I am not TOO surprised. I remember Chick-fil-A being pretty nice.

1 Like

Funny you mention that joon, when I was a kid in the 70’s PizzaHut had left the NJ market for some reason. My older cousins use to take a 2 hour road trip to PA for Pizza Hut. Being the youngest of the cousins those road trips were the biggest thing in the world to me…great memories of PizzaHut. For some reason though they tasted a lot better in my memories than they do today.

1 Like

First place doesn’t surprise me; it’s the only fast food I’ll eat (OK, once every few years my car drives itself through Mickey D’s for an order of fries). In fact, they just built a large new one in my area and it’s always mobbed. I can’t say that of the local McD’s, BK or Wendy’s. I recall decades ago Arby’s was pretty good, but they seem to have left the area.

What surprises me is all the crappy pizza. When I went to school in a small town in Ohio, Pizza Hut and Dominoes were the only choices and filled a need at the time (cheap and delivered).

1 Like

I don’t know that #1 surprises me so much as it depresses me during Pride Month.

2 Likes

I’ll post this (as I do every time the subject comes up) in an effort to cheer you:

4 Likes

Ah, Willam and Detox. “Your tone seems very pointed right now.” Classic.

I always liked Little Ceasars but there isn’t one in the neighborhood here.

1 Like

I don’t know whether pizza fits in my definition of FF. It isn’t something I want to eat in the car, on the run.

1 Like

IMO you absolutely have to eat in at Pizza Hut. It’s not quite the same but no one else does a loaded pizza like PH’s Super Supreme pizza. From the black pizza pan to the red soda cups… I remember when that was a dining out experience I truly looked forward to. I don’t remember a time when PH wasn’t in NJ but all of the locations near me have shut down now. :frowning:

1 Like

Well joon thank you for so innocently pointing out the difference in our ages. :smiling_imp: Yes, I guess you have to be in a certain 40+ year old range to remember when Pizza Hut didn’t operate in NJ. Also when Jack In The Bock WAS in NJ !! Or when we did our homework by candle light, after walking to school up hill both ways in 3 feet of snow!!!

2 Likes