American Hotel Freehold NJ

One day I’ll learn how to make dinner reservations.
So striking out on Friday night after 7 pm looking for a place for dinner I wandered into the American Hotel.
I had recently received an email about a new menu and it was interesting.
Featured southern cuisine as well as steaks a few pasta dishes and the usual salad and burgers.
Plenty of tables & very loud, but I shut down my hearing aids and my dinner guests didn’t mind the noise level as they are considerably younger & had an infant in tow.
The drinks were very good & those of us drinking wine got really generous pours.
I had a tuna tartare appetizer and was able to share it with my 3 other guests
My meal was shrimp and grits with a bit of andouille sausage it was really good
The Berkshire Pork chops with grits was devoured as was the SeaBass
The pasta dish was not a high light but we have just returned from Italy so it was doomed to fail no matter what.
The new parking situation is a pain but hey I need something to complain about
All in all a good experience and the chicken and waffles I saw being served looks great

8 Likes

Nice to hear. I pass by it on way home from freehold and it looks nice but I’d never really heard anyone speak to the food.

3 Likes

I had an upsetting experience this week at the bar in the Standard. A friend and I went to the bar for HH on Thursday. We always enjoyed 1/2 price appetizers on Tuesday and Thursday. I checked to see if this was still in effect and on Open Table, they said that this was the case. When we questioned the bartender, he informed us that it was no longer available. We asked for a manager, and showed him the post. He couldn’t have been any ruder. What a nasty person. He said he’d remove the past immediately and refused to honor or it. Last time I will work into that restaurant. Not a way to do business.

2 Likes