Amazon to Buy Whole Foods

I was just going to post this same joke. LOL

They only had a single outlet for quite a while in, I think, the Kensington area of London. Used to get mentions on the UK Chowhound board from American contributors. Perhaps the expansion has come from a purchase - which might well explain the Glasgow shop.

I am one of those who is not a fan of whole foods. We’ll see what happens.

I’m with you. WF’s founder and current CEO John Mackey is a climate change denier, stridently anti-union and opposed Obamacare. Not to mention Whole Foods’ pricing.

2 Likes

“2002 saw an expansion into Canada and in 2004, Whole Foods Market entered the United Kingdom with the acquisition of seven Fresh & Wild stores…The first [Fresh & Wild] store outside of London opened in the Clifton area of Bristol in December of 2003. The seven stores together with central kitchen and warehouse joined Whole Foods Market in January of 2004”

– Whole Foods website

Think Amazon will fix the scales?

Great for my nephew with his stock options . I rarely go to WF anymore . The fish counter is terrible . I might make a trek there just for the pre packed quail from Texas . Other than that probably not .

I believe this will become a opportunity , N. Jr to have that steak of yours delivered to another door step . Courtesy of some hacker who wanted a steak .:spy:

1 Like

As an Amazon Prime member, I had an opportunity to try out the market delivery with WFoods twice in two months. I was asked to test the delivery time, txt communication, substitution choices and packing. In both cases the order was $100 and I live 25-30 min from the closest WF by car. I wasn’t paid to test but I did pay for the food at a discount. The first order was perfect and no subs were needed. The second order 3 out of 17 items were out of stock. Everything was packed well and arrived in the first hour of a 2 hour window. Tip was built in and fair; del was free.

1 Like