Amazon Go: Store of the future?

Great read and photos:

If you read nothing else this week, read this: Shopping at an Amazon Go Store in the NY Times. The technology inside Amazon’s new convenience store, opening January 22, 2018 in downtown Seattle, enables a shopping experience like no other — including no checkout lines:

1 Like

Sounds amazing, but no shopping carts? What if you buy more than you can carry in one or two bags?

Nope, not for me! I really enjoy chatting it up with store employees when I do my daily, weekly shopping. The loss of jobs would be tremendous if this was to become the wave of the future I wouldn’t mind using the app if I was in a rush. Just the word algorithm makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

1 Like

I misunderstood. This is not a supermarket, it’s a convenience store. No carts needed. Never mind!

That would be great for subway stations and airports.

1 Like

Not for me, I’ll keep my wonderful local grocery store.

Is this the same shop? You have to use an app. I don’t like it when I have to use an app for something but if I don’t have to interact with someone then guess I would use the phone.

1 Like

Jeff Bezos for President or better yet King!

So the Bill Gate and Steve Job Dynasties are now slowly challenged by the Bezo family.

Help cover Hungry Onion's costs when you shop at Amazon!

Honghe Hani Rice Terraces, Yuanyang County, Yunnan
Credit: inkelv1122, Flickr