Alternatives to Jennifer's German (northern Westchester NY)

Hi everyone,
My husband loves German food and we have been going to Jennifer’s in Yorktown for his last few birthdays. It looks as though they have closed, so he is really disappointed. Any ideas for alternatives? He also loves Polish food. And if neither of those are available, sushi would be great, although there would need to be cooked food options as well.
Thanks in advance!

Oh no! Jennifer’s closed? That’s too bad! Brasserie Swiss was great too, but they closed a while back as well. :frowning: The only place close by that serves German food is Traveler’s Rest on Route 100 in Ossining. They make a decent jaeger schnitzel and spaeztle and I’m sure they could do more by request if you call and ask.

Thanks. I saw Traveler’s Rest when I was googling alternatives and the Yelp reviews did not inspire confidence. Have you been lately?

He requested a total 180 change to the Peruvian place in Ossining (Aji Limo) so we will be returning there.

No - it’s been a while since I’ve been there. I usually go around the holidays - I take my boys to see their giant gingerbread house. But the fireplace and the garden in the back is a big draw for me - I should go back soon.

Glad you had a great dinner at Aji Limo

1 Like

i guess you don’t need this info anymore, but for future reference, the place that used to be “Marco” on Route 6 in Mahopac switched over to a German place maybe a year ago. reviews on Yelp are OK.

https://jagerhausgastropub.com/

Looks like a old post, and I haven’t been active since June but…
The best German food I ever had was upstate in Gardiner, NY right outside New Paltz.
http://www.mountainbrauhaus.com/

A close 2nd was in NYC’s East Village:

1 Like

So, Peter Kelly just sent out an announcement of this week’s $35 3-course menu at the Dylan at X2O. It’s German week!

X2O - Xaviar’s on the Hudson
presents
‘Thursdays in the Dylan’

Menu
A Three-Course German Menu
$35.00 prix-fixe
Thursday, November 15th

Since my first job in a restaurant was washing dishes in a little German restaurant, I have a special spot in my taste memory for German Cuisine. So when autumn arrives I immediately think Oktoberfest. Now we won’t have any lederhosen on the staff, and no Oompah bands will be playing, but you will be able to celebrate the foods of the Germany with my interpretations.

Guten Appetit

German Menu

Grilled Bratwurst
Warm Potato Pancakes with Sour Cream & Apple
Beer Spiked Mustard Sauce

Weiner Schnitzel
Crisp Veal Cutlet
Red Cabbage with Pretzel Crumbs
Brown Butter Spaetzle

Black Forest Cherry Cake
Kirshwasser Soaked Cherries & Dark Chocolate Cake
Mit Schlag

$35.00 per person
X2O - Xaviar's on the Hudson
914-965-1111
71 Water Grant Street, Yonkers, NY  10701
1 Like

What is the Dylan?

The Dylan is lounge/bar of X2O. When you walk in, to the left is the dining room, to the right is the Dylan Lounge. They are know for their sushi.

Thanks!