Aldi Yay/Nay-Fall 2018

Toasting the oats sounds tasty, but un-museli like. Could be fun to play around with combos to DIY your ideal museli :)) i was making it for a while last summer and would add in chia seeds too so after soaking a bit it was thicker like a porridge

Yay to this fruity California rosé Around $5.

The Nature’s Nectar honeycrisp apple cider - shelf stable - is very good

Seasonal, but yay to the wax-covered cheese rounds , the cheddar with caramelized onion specifically. Doesn’t have the caramelized onion bits like the Trader Joe’s offering, but good flavor nevertheless. $2.50 for 3oz I believe,.

I had the chive and onion one today and thought it was good, too. The caramelized onion one is sitting in the fridge for tomorrow. I don’t like the caramelized onion cheese at TJ’s. Hope I like this one better.

Nay for the Sunshine Bay Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2017https://www.aldi.us/en/grocery-goods/wine-cellar/white-wines/white-wines-detail/ps/p/sunshine-bay-sauvignon-blanc-1/ - there is a strange off flavor/smell - maybe the winemaking flaw that smells like hemp?

Nay also for the Clancy’s everything pretzel crisos. Way too strong of a toasted onion flavor.

Nay to the frozen creamed spinach. Super watery and bland.

Meh to the artisan mushroom flatbread. Crispy crust but flavorless white sauce/cheese and spongy mushrooms.

Meh to the Italian chardonnay claiming lots of awards. Too sweet and oddly apple-y.

Yay to the 4-year aged cheddar.

Major nay to the brisket - it tasted brined and was gross smoked.

Yay to the almond spekulatius cookies. Crunchy, buttery, yum.

Nay to the bagged crunchy and sweet kale salad. The “tangy” dressing tastes like gloopy General Tso’s chicken sauce. Immediately into the trash (luckily I tasted it befire dressing the salad). Horrible.