Aldi deals - yea/nay/meh 2019

Great prices. Where are you located?

Second that nay on Savoritz wheat thins, but the woven whole wheat crackers are pretty good.

I didn’t care for them either. I do like the combination box that has 4 or 5 varieties.

1 Like

Me, too.

Small town East Texas.

Aldi is 45 minutes - 1 hour each way for us. Otherwise I’d post more often.:blush:

A chagrined yay: Cheese Club shells and cheese. The not-quite-2-year-old heartily approves. Today I snuck in tuna and sauteed zucchini. https://www.instacart.com/aldi/products/17498282-cheese-club-shells-and-cheese-12-oz

Nay to the Deutsche Küche frozen pork schnitzel. Theu have a pressed-and-formed texture to them. All very identical.

Aldi carries mostly their own brands, but one “external” brand they carry is Coca-Cola. A case of Diet Coke cans is $3.66, about half the regular price at Shoprite. The sale price is about the same as Aldi’s price, but there’s usually a minimum purchase, and you have to buy three or four cases. For people like us who don’t drink that much soda before the sweetener loses its sweetness, this is a definite Aldi yea.

1 Like

Nay on all the items that they’re jacking the prices up on. Kettle chips from 0.99 to 1.89, 12-grain bread from 1.25 to 1.79 and cheese curls from 0.85 to 1.89. It’s possible this is a location thing but I’m going to be checking prices a lot more carefully at Aldi now.

Edited to add: It appears to be a location thing. East Brunswick (Nj) is way more expensive than Old Bridge, which is marginally higher than Hazlet. That is, chips bought in March in East Brunswick were 1.89, while in Hazlet in July were 0.99. No more East Brunswick for me!

1 Like

Yay for Aldi’s kettle chips, scooper corn chips, etc. Nay for their packaging–once you have opened the bag, it rips a bit more each time you even look at it, never mind reaching in. It makes it next to impossible to close up a partially consumed bag.

The trick with the bags is to cut the top off with scissors instead of pulling it apart.

We do. But we only cut partway across–probably we should try cutting completely across next time.