Air Filters in Refrigerators

Do these things really make a difference? I get the water filter. But my fridge wants a new air filter, and frankly, I don’t see that it does anything. Anyone have an opinion on this?

1 Like

I’m confused. This is a smart refrigerator?
I’ve never heard of air filters in refrigerators.

Looks like LG fridges have come up with air filters. My Siemens fridge only requires changing water filter.

@winecountrygirl

What will happen if you don’t change it, it keeps alerting?

It’s not smart - can’t spell!!! Regular French door with water and ice.

1 Like

You can just reset the alert. Did that last time and haven’t noticed a thing but I was wondering if I was missing something!

"Refrigerator Air Filters are a key component for neutralizing odors and ensuring a fresh stream of air into your refrigerator. Like water filters, your refrigerator air filter should be changed every 6 months depending on usage. Always check your owner’s manual for changing your refrigerator air filter which varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

If you do not currently use the Refrigerator Fresh Flow Refrigerator Air Filter, then you are missing out on a great way to take preventative action against odors and bacteria. Certified for use with many major brand refrigerators, the Fresh Flow filter will also keep your food fresher for a longer period of time. It is recommended you change the Fresh Flow air filter every six months for peak performance."

Granted, this information comes from a website that sells filters.

Have you had experience with this?

No…I was just curious as to what an air filter does in a refrigerator so I looked it up.

2 Likes

Buy a $1 carton of baking soda, sprinkle some on a dish, put it in the fridge. You’ll eliminate odors just fine.

I used cut lemons for freshening the fridge, usually partially squeezed ones, works well.

That’s how I feel.

Good idea too, Naf.