A new kind of Ho'Down details inside, please share your thoughts / Central NJ

Ok my friends we are just 2 weeks out on this event. This is what I have so far:

@seal = 2
@ notjr = 2
@MsBean = 2
@BossaNova = 2
@jsfein = 2
@heidicooksandbakes = 1
@PHREDDY = 2

Total = 13 (which means I’m on the hook for 7 more RSVP’s if nobody else shows)

@SteveR I wasn’t clear by your posting if you are coming, please clarify.
@joonjoon inbox me so we can discuss a few things please.

For those who are attending if you want to invite non-Ho’ guests please feel free to add to your RSVP.
IF ANYONE BRINGS ANY NON-HO GUESTS PLEASE ADVISE IN ADVANCE AS I WILL HAVE TO KEEP @SEAL on a leash for the night. (he get’s very excited around new people)

Does anyone @rgr (?) have any contacts at food/news organizations that I can spread the word to, I would like to get us some press if possible.

On the same note does anyone have a valid email for Pete Genovese? I’m sure I can google it and try to track it down but asking here is faster / easier. Those of you on twitter perhaps you can tweet about the event, foodies trying to do good. etc.

That is my update for now, please if you have been on the fence about this now is the time to jump off and meet some of the people behind the handles!

Thank you and as always warmest regards,
Notjr.

1 Like

pgenovese@njadvancemedia.com

1 Like

Thank you. When I went to the website it just gave me an envelop to click but I couldn’t get it to open a dialog box or anything.

email sent !!!

1 Like

I plan to be there and will pay at the event if that’s ok. If something happens and I don’t make it there, I’ll get in touch and pay the $50 anyway.

1 Like

Excellent thank you very much!

For the record since most of you are not personally familiar with me, I was NOT requesting nor suggesting anyone send me money up front. If anyone does, I request the funds be made out to Soul Kitchen and I will simply hold it till the day of the event. Any advanced funds for the event I am personally fronting.

@NotJrvedivici it may be worth sending a note to Eater - given the JBJ angle it might get picked up.

If you’re on Insta, you can go pretty wide with tags (JBJ, the foundation, the restaurant, Eater, NYT food, Infatuation, Jose Andres - just because, etc).

Thank you for the suggestion(s). Unfortunately/fortunately depending on how you look at it, my only social media is Facebook. My only food blog etc. is this forum. If you are on eater I would greatly appreciate if you could make a comment/post/thread/shout out and link to this thread? (not knowing what Eater is, I’m not sure what you would do) Any and all help in getting word out there is appreciated.

I’m planning on making a donation. Do you want me to wait so it goes towards this? I want to do it through my work’s program because they match donations 100%.

1 Like

Eater is the food reporting site:
https://www.eater.com/new-jersey

I’m not familiar other than reading it, but there are only a couple of reporters per location and I’d guess they can be reached from the website.

I’m very low key on social media as well (not much of a poster) - maybe someone here who’s attending is more active?

Sorry we aren’t able to attend.

FYI: Eater is a source for restaurant and food world news + reviews. There’s Eater National and Eater in major cities domestic and foreign. I read Eater NY regularly.

The one possible p.r. source that comes to mind is NJ Monthly’s on-line Table Hopping blog (used to be Table Hopping with Rosie) which reports on upcoming restaurant happenings.

Edited to add: I didn’t see @saregama’s comment about Eater until after I posted. Eater NJ looks as moribund as CH NJ.

No harm sending to Eater NY too - the JBJ connection will get a look

Any one who wants to attend and needs a ride from NYC…please let me know…I have two extra seats in my car.

1 Like

Okay, HOs, I’m letting the cat out of the bag…once I saw that @gcaggiano was attending this dinner, I decided to cancel my vacation TO HAWAII so I could be here. For real. @NotJrvedivici please add me to the RSVP list and I’ll do my best to grab a couple of friends as well (will keep you posted).

And now, here’s today’s public relations lesson:
I’ve just sent out a formal press release to a bunch of local and NJ media folks. If everyone on this thread would start posting on their social media pages, we might gain a few more bodies, so here is the text I’ve sent out–feel free to use verbatim, ESPECIALLY on Facebook, as I’m not on there. I know there are tons of local groups + of course if you’re on FB, share with your followers! I’m on Twitter and IG and will post on both of those (Pete G and I follow each other but he was also on the email distribution list), but you should do the same!

Here’s the text you can use:
Local members of one of the last remaining grassroots, world-wide online food discussion sites, HungryOnion.org, have organized their first Food(ies) For Thought charity dinner at JBJ Soul Kitchen in Red Bank. A 3-course meal will be served on Thursday, June 27th at 7pm and as per Soul Kitchen’s mission, the food is free; the $50 per person donation will go directly to Soul Kitchen’s mission of community dining with dignity.

Hungry Onion is a global website with state-specific and topic-specific boards, and membership is free. Content is generated by those who register and post on the site, and the New Jersey section is one of the most active in the world. Monmouth County in particular is extremely well-represented on the NJ board, as is evidenced by the discussions of local restaurants, chefs, favorite markets to source ingredients, and an ongoing debate about the best pizza in the state.

JBJ Soul Kitchen is a non-profit Community Restaurant run by the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation that serves paying and in-need customers.

The April 27th dinner is $50pp and open to the public. For more information or to RSVP, please contact David Eisenstein at dre@purplearn.com . Visit https://jbjsoulkitchen.org for additional details about JBJ Soul Kitchen, which is located at 207 Monmouth Street in Red Bank.

1 Like

Separate post for Here’s the short version for Tweets:

Members of @HungryOnion_NJ have organized a 3-course charity dinner at JBJ Soul Kitchen in Red Bank. Thursday, June 27th at 7pm. The cost is $50 per attendee and the food is free; the $50 per person donation will go directly to Soul Kitchen’s mission. Want to know more? DM me!

Ha!

I originally wanted to come before we had a date set, but as of right now, the 27th does not work. :frowning:

I should probably post that press release on my blog.

1 Like

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

(extra words)

Date is Not April, it’s June!

OH. GOOD. LORD. Great catch! NO clue how that got in there, but I’ll confirm it’s right in the press release. TY!

I just posted on FB!

1 Like