A "Good" English Muffin

They also keep well in the freezer longer term.

1 Like

Should be right above the bar code at the lower right of the bottom of the package.

1 Like

If anyone is in MA / the Boston-area, just plugging for this local brand that is found in some of the local supermarkets: https://www.stoneandskillet.com/collections/stone-skillet

Worth the splurge!

4 Likes

any idea which supermarkets? nothing’s listed on the website. to order online is a minimum of of 16 muffins for $24 + shipping.

I have seen them at Whole Foods, in a 4 pack. They are expensive and we preferred Bays over them. But I think they are pretty popular.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen at Whole Foods and also Roche Bros.

I saw them at the Lowell Hannaford last week.

I like Dave’s Killer Bread English Muffins

2 Likes

I’ve seen them at many Hannafords.

1 Like

i’ve looked at dave’s bread before, but many have 5 grams of sugar per slice — way too much. the english muffins don’t look too bad — 2 grams.

I haven’t tried Bolos Levedos yet. I plan to try them soon. https://www.mashed.com/1420071/bolos-levedos-portuguese-lookalike-english-muffins/

In Ontario, we don’t have many brands of English muffins. We basically have Thomas, Dempster’s and grocery store house brands.

I almost am tempted to drive to Buffalo to go grocery shopping.

1 Like

I like Bravetart’s recipe from the book as well. Easy enough to do though you need to start them a day ahead of time.

1 Like

I’m a fan of the Stella Parks recipe, as well. For convenience’s sake, however, I pick-up store-bought probably 2/3 of the time.

Having tried the Bay’s this morning, both DH and I found them a little pillowy for our taste. Will most likely revert back to Thomas’s in the future.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried (or even seen) Bay’s. I’m like you. Thomas’s gets the job done most of the time.

5 Likes

I’ll have to !ook for those.

Thomas’s does do the deed.
however comma but and so on . . . .
we find Bay’s seriously superior in taste and texture to Thomas’s.

our usual use of “English Muffins”

• toasted - cream cheese/jelly/jam/fresh avocado topping . . .
  • toasted for: DIY egg-mcmuffin-with-sausage-&cheese

the taste and texture of Bays utterly destroys Thomas’s - a situation we have “discovered” after 30 years of “brand loyalty”

all things reside in the eye of the beholder.
try some, pick your preferred brand, I have no issues with your choice . . .

like I said I’ve never even seen that brand at the grocery store

well, if NJ in your id is “New Jersey” . . . .
per their web site

/quote
in the dairy case. Chilled for Freshness at:
Acme
Eden Gourmet
Frank’s Market
Garden of Eden
King’s
Shoprite
Sickles
Stop & Shop
Target
The Fresh Market
Walmart
Weis
/unquote

however comma and etc. . . .
if Bay’s is not in your local market . . . well, tricky to get some to try. eh?

NOTE: Bay’s is in a ‘refrigerated’ area - butter, yogurt, cheeses area - not the ‘buy one get five free’ of the market entrance aisle . . . .

ah I would never think to look for them in the refrigerated section. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve gotten Stone Skillet muffins a couple of times through Imperfect Foods. Seemingly, people rave about them.

I don’t. And to make it worse, even when I split them with a muffin splitter, the “nooks and crannies” are miniscule - and the texture exactly as if I’d cut them with a knife. Big no thanks! Won’t order again.

And yes, when I’ve seen Bay’s, they’re in the refrigerator case.

1 Like