A first step back to normality

It’s a “two sides of a coin” sort of day.

We have the MiL’s funeral at noon - I’m leaving for that in a few minutes.

That’s followed by a small family gathering for lunch at a local restaurant. They are only serving larger parties on their terrace. No fun these sorts of family gatherings so can’t wait for it to be over.

But then, this evening, we’re going out for our first proper dining experience since last autumn. We picked a favourite local bistro as, when we went in the summer during the first attempt at restriction relaxation, it felt very Covid-secure. And good food. I can’t wait to read a menu, choose food that I may not have been able to cook myself, have someone serve it, and have someone wash the dishes.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear about your MIL. On the other side of the coin, I hope you can enjoy your meal out this evening.

2 Likes

I am very sorry for your loss. Wishing you comfort and good memories.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your MIL, John.

Look forward to hearing about your evening meal, though. It’s indeed, as you say, a step back to normality.

2 Likes

In the event, they seated us inside for lunch so I suppose technically we’ve now had our first “proper” dining experience.

It was OK but not worthy of a review. Herself had Welsh rarebit and a few fries, followed by pavlova. I had a chicken & pea pie with saute spuds, carrots and sugarsnaps. As I say, it was OK.

('Twas the Pointing Dog in Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester. You can easily find better lunches in the area.)

3 Likes