A couple of recommendations in Pezenas, Languedoc

Now I’ve found where you’ve all been hiding, here are a couple of places I have been to recently in the lovely town of Pezenas in Herault in the Languedoc.

L’Entracte - 30 Rue Conti (just off the beginning of the main market street). I think this is quite new, but it’s not a street we have walked down very often, so I don’t know this for sure. But it is a lovely relaxed place serving Lebanese food. The cooking is light touch and the flavours delicate. Servings are not big, so don’t expect huge portions, but we prefer smaller meals at lunch time, so we were happy. They serve a mix of mezze, grills and koftes, which made for a lovely lunch. I think the menu may be bigger in the evenings. Lovely room in what looks like the court yard of an old house. We will definitely go again.

L’Entre Pots - 8, avenue Louis Montagne - at the town centre end of the long street of antique shops. This has been there for some years now, but we’ve never got round to trying it. It’s more of a fine dining type place and there is a walled terrace at the back. We had the 29 euro three-course menu (the cheapest one they have). It was really good. Starters were octopus with tabouleh (more bulghur than herbs in this one, but still very good) and what they called carpaccio of veal stuffed with bits of olive and other things. This too was very nice - but it wasn’t really carpaccio.

Mains were hake with lovely spring veg, all beautifully cooked. The other was breast of guinea fowl on mushroom risotto - again perfectly cooked. I do not usually have pudding, and for some reason I just can’t remember what we had, but they were really good - light and not too filling. We had a good bottle of Faugeres wine and a couple of glasses of white, and the whole lot set us back about 90 Euros after rounding the bill up. Not a cheap lunch, but it was great value.

1 Like