6 Beers you should never drink again...................

I’m not a beer drinking but for those of you that are here ya go…

http://dailyvibes.co/bad-beers/?fbclid=IwAR3Qoyq-H4izZ2prhKhVmi0wwGgSac6cTmay11UO_CYZfk-nmqHkyTJG-00

Fun read…er, perhaps a bit frightening, too.

1 Like

I. Love beer so I don’t drink any of those.
Never warmed up to Guinness so I’m safe there.

2 Likes

Good to know about the added sweeteners.

But the bit about propolene glycol being “a solvent for numerous purposes” is one of those dumbass statements that makes me distrust the whole piece. You know what else is “a solvent for numerous purposes”? Water. Also alcohol. So I guess we should also avoid beer that contains water and/or alcohol. Same goes for rhe mention that isinglass is “a gelatin substance from the swim bladder of a fish,” as if that’s somehow scarier than the gelatin substance in Jello, which comes from boiled bones and hides.

I’ll also note that the site has an astrology section. So. That.

6 Likes

Pretty much everything we eat in the US is pumped up with sugar. This doesn’t surprise me at all.

Why don’t they have to list the ingredients in beer?

What a load of linkbait bollocks. Yes most of those beers are awful but everyone knew that already.

I’m no particular Guinness fan but what is even their issue with it. Firstly, Diageo was formed out of a merger with Guinness, not a buyout, so i doubt it’s changed production of something that was already mass produced in any excessively detrimental way. Secondly, there are understandable issues with isinglass for people against the use of animal products, but it’s an extremely common traditional fining agent in many beers/ales. It’s not some rare additive.

4 Likes

or “natural” rennet :smirk:, or cochineal, or…

:rofl:

1 Like

I don’t know if this is still true, and/or if it was ever true for beer, but there used to be legally defined “recipes” for quite a few common foodstuffs and if the manufacturer used only the ingredients in those recipes (and maybe in a permissible range of relative amounts of them), they didn’t have to list ingredients on the package at all. I don’t think beer brewers have to tell you exactly what grains are used in particular brews either, do they?

And come to think of it, isn’t the same thing true of pretty much all “traditional” alcoholic beverages? Over the years a few ingredients have been required to be listed for various reasons (usually involving health-related concerns, like sulfites, or “consumer-fraud” concerns, like caramel coloring), but mostly, they just have legal “definitions” that include a fairly wide range of “permissible” ingredients that may or may not be included in any particular brand/batch/bottle…

Dated March 5, 2018. This is one of those down underneath the actual news articles that I always tell my husband not to click on.:blush: