4 Nights in Chicago...

My wife and I will be in Chicago for a short trip soon. We will be staying in the Millenium Park neighborhood. We already have tickets for the symphony and a concert at the City Winery. I’ve made one reservation for dinner so far, at Cabra. I was hoping to get some feedback on
restaurants near Symphony Center. We’re both very open to most cuisines. (Not Indian).
Also, we’d like to have Sunday Brunch. Any information would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

1 Like

If this is your first time to Chicago, pizza, whether deep dish or stuffed, is a cultural marker and a very doable brunch.

2 Likes

In the vicinity of City Winery you’ll find Smyth, Girl & the Goat, Aba, Beatrix, The Publican and Duck Duck Goat, all well regarded. I’ve heard good things about the weekend brunch at The Gage which is at 24 S. MIchigan Ave. just across the street from Millenium Park.

1 Like

For Symphony Center, I like Acanto - next to The Gage. A bit further west, I like Avec (the Randolph St location, not River North). Bar Mar (Jose Andres) is also really great - very fun and delicious food.

1 Like

Thanks all! All of your suggestions are appreciated. Peter’s wife here. Has anyone eaten at Cabra?

I haven’t been, but I always like Stephanie Izard’s food. A quick look at the reviews on Open Table suggest that maybe portions are small?