2024 Food Trucks [Boston] or GBA

A year into working at Seaport and I’m already looking for new lunch inspiration. The food trucks are back at Dewey Square, and also at Rowes Wharf Plaza (unsure if this is new or not), so care to share any updated experiences on the food trucks you’ve visited? It doesn’t have to be in Boston since they do wander. I imagine most will be clustered in the city or Cambridge, but if there is a worthy food truck elsewhere that deserves a shout out, would like to know about them too.

I’ll start:
Bibim Box at Rowes Wharf yesterday - ordered spicy pork bulgogi bibimbop with gochujang sauce.
Decent heat on the gochujang sauce! Portion size was filling for $13.99 (pre-tax). Pork was a bit dry, and the fried egg on top could have been more runny, but not a bad lunch box. Service was quick.

Looks like a few trucks swap spots and the line up varies by day, so a handy way to check out who’s there at the Dewey Sq/Rowes Wharf sites:

4 Likes

At Dewey Square I’ve enjoyed the oxtail and the goat from Jamaica Mi Hungry (used to be Mondays, but Thursdays now, I believe, which no longer fits my schedule). The dumplings from Moyzilla are decent, as is the coconut lamb curry from Indulge India (Wednesdays). There’s only the faintest hint of coconut in the curry, and it’s not very complex, but the lamb has been nicely tender the two times I’ve had it.

2 Likes

The Jamaica Mi Hungry truck was at the Rowes Wharf plaza today, which is just a few minutes away from Dewey Sq. My friend and I are going to Dewey Square tomorrow, so we’ll check tomorrow’s crop of food trucks.

Today, I tried Bees and Thank You at Rowes Wharf. “The Fire” grilled cheese and I added a slice of tomato. 9.00 for a grilled cheese! That’s quite a mark up for a regular sandwich bread sized grilled cheese. With that being said it was nicely grilled and the cheese was pretty good. I wanted the spice, but wish they had a better option than buffalo cheddar cheese. They add honey to their grilled cheese and I think I like it. It’s not overwhelming, but just a hint of sweetness in the cheese.

One thing I will note - on their menu board they show some of the sandwiches with bacon on them, but apparently they do not come with bacon. You can add on for +$2. Not a deal breaker, but it confused several people while ordering.

2 Likes

Oh how I wish I could contribute to this thread. I haven’t gone to an office since pre-pandemic but when I did (Central, Kendall, and DTX), lunch was the sole reason for being. Happily following along @kobuta!

PS I love how you skirted controversy by adding “GBA” to the post title. :grin:

6 Likes