2024 European Food Crawl - Barcelona….Dinner at ‘ Canete ‘

This late supper at Canate was my last meal in Barcelona before the food poisoning attack came to visit me in full force!

Now that I have a chance to dial back the clock and reassess and reflect on my action of that day. For someone who had just spent 5 hours, devouring 28 courses at a Michelin 3* restaurant and follow that up by having a ‘ glutted ‘ meal at Canate a few hours later. IMO, that someone must be one irrationally, crazy and possessed SOB!!..and sadly that someone was yours truly!!

After the aforementioned Michelin stars meal, I am still at a lost as to how and why our party can order so many dishes, including Lobster Croquettes, Fresh Anchovies in oil, Fried Artichokes, a whole plate of Tomato bread, a whole plate of Jamon Iberico, Braised Veal Cheeks, Baked Oxtail……etc, whilst topping them off future with desserts like Crema Catalan and Valrhona Chocolate Coulant?!

Maybe the follow up food poisoning episode was the Divine way of helping me to purge all those excessive calories from my system?! Yes! God sure works in mysterious ways!

As for the food, OK and heavy with nothing really stood out?! Besides, they remained in my digestive system only for a bare minimum of time!🤣🤣🥴🤮

6 Likes

Oh, Charles, you DO have a great sense of humor and a healthy (or mostly healthy!) zest for eating the good stuff! Next time, take me along and I can assist in devouring all the great-looking stuff in your pics!!!

Where is your trip compass pointed next, or do you still need more digestive time??

I think I’ll stay close to home for a while…furthest may be Vancouver?

I always wanted to come to Vancouver, for the Asian food!!
But its almost as far as Spain for us!!!

Cheers, Charles…keep up the good work!!

1 Like

I cannot help sending you this!!

In the ‘Da Vinci Code’, Robert Langdon ( Tom Hanks ) visited the Louvre Pyramid beneath the ‘Starry Skies’.

In Foodie Yu’s Paris Food Crawl, ‘yours truly’ tried to one-up by visiting the Louvre Pyramid under a ‘Moonlit Sky’!

1 Like