2023 Goals or Resolutions, or Dishes you want to make, or master?

I added Cronometer to my phone, which I am liking more than MyFitnessPal or LoseIt.

2 Likes

Ooh. Thanks for that. Ive been looking for a good app after my Noom debacle.

I tried Noom for around 2 months in 2022.

1 Like

I did too. It was going great for a couple of month until the app utterly crashed and after two weeks their only suggestion was to start the lessons over. At least they gave me a full refund

1 Like

'Bout all I got, too. Little less beer and more ginger tea, maybe.

I deal with kids, so when they get addicted to nicotine, alcohol, etc. they like to keep it a secret. This is a tool I give them.

It really is a Motivational Interviewing tool. Had good luck with it.

3 Likes

I have a sourdough starter I’ve kept active for 5 years +. I should make more bread and more varieties of things with it.

I got a set of offset spatulas for the holiday. I must make cakes to use them. Oh no. (It’ll be good to get out of the cookie rut)

Try to get over some of my ‘picky food’ issues.

Make more pizza. See also: sourdough.

Make peanut brittle again. I have silpats AND a digital thermometer with a probe and pan clip. It was really good last time. Also try honeycomb.

Stretch goal for above: if honeycomb is successful, figure out tempering chocolate and make my own Crunchy ™ nuggets!

4 Likes

Now that’s a goal I can respect. I love Crunchie bars.

Esp as they are unavailable in the states except at upsetting ‘import’ prices. I love Crunchie or Violet Crumbles, but not at $5 ea.

1 Like

My resolution is to eat more and put ON weight!

1 Like

You’re in the right place to see photos of great meals that will entice your appetite (What’s For Dinner discussions), get help planning your menus (Weekly Menu Planning) and learning to cook specific items (Cookbook of the Month, Dish of the Quarter, What are you Baking discussions).

1 Like

Here’s another one from me:

Go back to baking the majority of our bread. I had kinda slacked off towards the end of last year. We have a great artisan bakery in town, and I like their sourdough quite a bit. Very convenient - they’ll even slice it for me! While I love supporting them, at $8 a loaf, the math simply doesn’t work out.

I’m retired. I spent today working on projects around the house and garden, getting a lot of sleep, getting a lot of exercise, baking bread, and preparing our food. It was very nice, and the embodiment of the vision I had when I retired. I could spend a lot of days like this. One of my 2023 “resolutions” is to focus on doing it as a rule, rather than the exception.

ETA: I’ll still support the bakery, but mostly when I’m Jonesin’ for a tuna melt or grilled cheese.

8 Likes

Same here… for the price of two loaves of bread, I can purchase a 25 pound bag of flour. I’d rather have the flour.
And, I like my bread better, anyway!!

4 Likes