2016 Hudson Valley, NYS farmers markets / farm stands

Upstate might not be as militant about it as here, but when we bought our house 15 years ago, we had to pay a 2% Peconic Bay tax that paid for the government to buy up any land they could to reserve as farmland. Once done, any owners or future owners are not allowed to change their minds. It’s pretty cool and seems to be working.

More general info http://www.ongov.net/planning/documents/NYAgLandownerGuide.pdf

1 Like

Thx

1 Like

Nice. I almost went there this last Friday. I’ll have to check them out.

Never mind the veggies.

I want that pizza with an egg on it. Yum.

chowdom-
I also end up going for the baked good rather than the healthy veggies. You already found my newest find-Bien Cuit. You need a big wallet AND strong teeth,but the breads are sensational (I’ve since been drooling over their book) and looking forward to trying more

Give your teeth a break and get the brioche…I think you can purchase a half
loaf if a whole is too much for you … it’s a lot of bread

You say they are at chappaqua farmer’s market? I saw them at Bronxville. Wish they’d open in lower Westchester rather than Brooklyn -where they are. I’m hoping that they may give me a break tomorrow,although the weather may cause a change of plans but suppose to have a spinal cord injury “get together” later in the day and was hoping to bring an assortment and a discount would definitely help. Most of us feel isolated to some extent,so this get together should help

The FM vendors are not directly associated with the owners of the bakery
I would go directly to the source…What a nice idea, the get together

The support group itself is very helpful,but I know (for myself) and quite a few others ,the lack of activity,and interaction are big problems- theirs only so much time i can spend on my main hobby - eating

Two words …“It’s back”
Doing the happy dance :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which market?

Ok … I’ll tell you now because I pre ordered :wink:
Saturday Tarrytown market, I’ts pretty limited

We’ve been frequenting Ossining and Pleasantville markets, both of which are in full high summer swing.

Perennial favorite vendors-
Cowberry Crossing for gorgeous veggies and the best lamb in the universe
Kiernan Farm for their grass fed beef
Taliaferro at Ossining for more gorgeous veggies
Yellow Bell for chicken and eggs
Mead Orchards for fruit (very limited peaches this season so I stocked up Saturday-- been devouring sweet juicy dripping peaches all week)
Pura-Vida for the freshest fish
Hudson Valley Duck Farm for all your duck-related needs (we love the duck bacon)

We usually go to Ossining as it’s much more low key and mellow but Pleasantville has many more vendors so we go there about 1-2 times a month.

2 Likes