1020 Post (Darien, CT) - Sometime OK is good enough

Sometimes OK is good enough and on a Tuesday night with friends, we had a great time laughing, while eating some OK food.

We started by sharing the Skillet Nachos, the Flat Bread and some Popcorn Shrimp. Of the three the shrimp were the best, well fried and I liked the chipotle aioli. The Nachos were also pretty good, with a mound of tasty tortillas, melted cheese, beef chili and some sliced Jalapeno peppers on top. Three meagerly bowls of guac, sour cream and salsa were also served, more guac would have been nice. I did not like the flatbread. The “caramelized” onions were more fried than caramelized, still crunchy and I did not like the combo with the mushrooms and Gruyere. Others liked it better.

I chose a Cobb salad with grilled chicken for an entrée with 1000 Island dressing. It was drenched to the point that the lettuce was already soggy by the time it arrived at the table. Not a good showing.

I really liked the molten chocolate cake for dessert, with great chocolate-y flavor, still warm in the center and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.

Service was also excellent.

1 Like