Your dog’s favourite treats

This is technically about food.

My dog loves these Poutine biscuits . Available at PetValu in Canada.

4 Likes

My Lab loved these… plus they are really good for them.

https://www.greenies.com/dog-treats

2 Likes

My dog likes Greenies, as well as these.

He also likes these:

The dehydrated chicken has become expensive. I sprinkled this on my older dog’s food when she didn’t want to eat her food.

1 Like

2 Likes

Our dog loves these:

1 Like

Our sheepdog begged for grapes, strawberries, watermelon and Kraft Caramels. The latter he only got once every couple of years since they glued his mouth shut and we had to do a full tooth cleaning.

5 Likes

Aww, poor doggie :slight_smile:

And teeth cleaning are some major bucks.

1 Like

Grapes (and raisins) are poisonous for dogs.

4 Likes

Nubz by Nylabone is the house favorite for my Rough Collie & Havanese

1 Like

My dogs are unusual. They like produce. They love lettuce, spinach, cabbage, tomatoes, etc.

One of them, Janie, is crazy about bananas, oranges, tangerines and sweet limes.

The other one, Joey, swoons for high fat dairy products. Sometimes he doesn’t come in from the back yard when I call him. I whisper, “Joey, do you want some butter?” He comes running.

4 Likes

Angus, a Lab, gets Pedigree Dentastix and Marrowbones. He also found the carcass of a dead deer somewhere in our woods and has been bringing in various bones. My yard looks like bone collector lives there. Well I guess he does.:rofl:

4 Likes

I thought that people might be interesed in the following article about foods to avoid feeding your dog.

I knew about onions, garlic, chives, chocolate, alcohol etc. but was not aware of avocado, grapes and raisins. There is mention of citrus not being good either.

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/people-foods-avoid-feeding-your-pets

P.S.
I tried twice and the linking link isn’t working so Im not trying a 3rd time.
I’ll have to figure it out because I did get it to work before. I just don’t remember what I did.

2 Likes

Bones and tennis balls are abrasive to a dog’s teeth.

1 Like

Isn’t that just cooked bones?
Good to know about the tennis balls that makes complete sense to me.

My veterinarian recommended against giving dogs cooked bones because they can shard and lodge in the dog’s intestines.

2 Likes

Here is what the article states about citrus:

“The stems, leaves, peels, fruit and seeds of citrus plants contain varying amounts of citric acid, essential oils that can cause irritation and possibly even central nervous system depression if ingested in significant amounts. Small doses, such as eating the fruit, are not likely to present problems beyond minor stomach upset.”

1 Like

My dog and cat love Kong peanut butter. We also use it to hide pills that the dog doesn’t like taking (however sometimes he will eat the peanut butter and spit out the pill :grinning: ). We also feed him bananas and apples.
Our dog also loves the Gnawsome squeaker ball dog toy. It’s one of the few things he doesn’t demolish in 5 seconds.

3 Likes

My previous child aka Samson a Lab, loved apple and pear slices, blueberries and carrots.

3 Likes

Our Dog1 loves carrots. She trained us early to give her a daily treat of carrot pieces that she crunches with gusto. When she was young, she would leap and catch baby carrots in mid-air (leaping was her thing as a Jack Russell Terrier). Now she is elderly and her leaping days are done, so she eats them with great dignity from her bowl. As soon as the chopping board comes out, she comes and stands and LOOKS at us, willing it to be carrots and for her to get some. One year we gave her a mutant giant carrot in her Christmas stocking. She sat and gnawed it like a bone.
Dog2, a pandemic rescue similar breed mutt, joined us just over a year ago. At first, he had no use for carrots and wanted only packaged dog treats. But Dog1 socialized him, and he’s decided that if she’s enjoying carrots so much, there must be some value to them. So now he also crunches his share vigorously.

8 Likes