What's For Dinner #77 - the "Let's Start Anew" Edition - January 2022

You, too?

Ha!!! Yes, I saw @gcaggiano comment above, but it was in response to shrinkrap capers, not to your link so I missed it.

Yes, I’ve been having tomolives, a staple at my home bar" for 20+ years. I forget where I first discovered them, but they are the best tasting compliment to a (vodka for me) Martini!!!

Cheers!!!

1 Like

I didn’t like them, I don’t remember why. I know they languished in my fridge for ages before I finally dumped them. I have used fresh cherry tomatoes as a garnish. I wonder if you can pickle ripe tomatoes?

You definitely can.

I did a google search, definitely going to try some this summer. I also found some for sale.

Yum yum yum :yum::yum::yum:

1 Like

I’ve only been a few times, but once was lucky enough to get an impromptu tequila lesson (and a few tastes of tequila) at the bar from Julio Bermejo himself!

1 Like

Julio!! Yes, he ran quite a comprehensive tequila program actually…

For @gcaggiano … A new addition to the bar: a friend gifted me a late Christmas present, a Priorat vermut from Spain. It actually went very well with my gin du jour and a big fat slice of orange peel. I really do think investing in all the myriad vermouths out there is worth it, because they’re all so different, and you only need a little to make a difference in a drink. And I find they keep!

8 Likes

Fancy! :heart_eyes: