What's For Dinner #7 - March 2016. The Primavera Edition

It’s my birthday too!

WFD is Ribeye steaks, garlic mashed taters and sauted shrooms.

Happy Birthday :tada:

4 Likes

Similar to ours 'cept we did pay lip service to a “leafy green vegetable” by having a little arugula :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the interface here, and there’s room for bigger pix unlike CH. So that’s a plus.

Recent dinners:

We made a huge pot of Sunday sauce a week ago that we’re only just now in the process of finishing. We used some of that in a batch of lasagna di carnevale…

which was stuffed with chunks of sweet Italian sausage, braised pork ribs, polpettine (ground pork, ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, grated pecorino cheese, Italian parsley, sea salt, black pepper) and a ricotta cream (ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese)

There was also a ton of braised meat which was part of the sauce. Pictured are some pork chops, sausages and pork ribs.

Dinner last night was:

Chicken with olives and pine nuts.

Basically, chicken slowly browned in butter and olive oil, seasoned with garlic and fresh bay leaves, then braised in wine with olives and pine nuts.

Zucchini and scallion with vinegar and mint.

11 Likes

Well mine is officially Wed the 9th but I took this as my weekend! Enjoy your ribeye steak, happy birthday all the best!

2 Likes

Mine is officially today but I took this past weekend as mine, too :blush: All the best to you, too!

1 Like

Off-topic but I celebrate my “birthday week” which is actually two weeks. My birthday is on the 9th of a month so I celebrate from the 2nd to the 9th and then the 9th to 16th. All a more minor celebration for my “birthday month.” I love math :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pork piccata, (more) arugula salad and TJs Harvest Grains (which I’m totally addicted to.)

3 Likes

It proved not to be the case. Tomato sauce was really enjoyable - I just squiged them down with the potato masher. It’d be good as a pizza or pasta sauce.

It’s “dine out night”. Dinner’s in the city.

WFD: ~ Scampi Aglio Olio: EVOO, Ghee, garlic, S & P, RPF, shelled raw shrimp, lemon zest & juice, minced parsley ~ Served over basmati brown rice cooked in chicken stock. ~ Steamed green beans along side. G has an early meeting so simples yet again.

Last night was our usual Monday Macaroni, this time with pappardelli, 45 minute spicy tomato sauce augmented by L/O lamb burger cut into bite size pieces à la small meatballs, and plated with a scoop of ricotta, minced parsley, and grated pecorino. Magnifico!

3 Likes

Last night was Pork Souvalki on pita with lemon greek rice.

I made a Chopped Salad recipe from Jamie Oliver for lunch and haven’t quite decided on dinner- I’m thinking Chili.

4 Likes

Faux Peking duck!

4 Likes

My birthday eve dinner I decided to go with a “little” bit of the best of both worlds. Ladies and gentlemen the Porter is in the House.

8 Likes

Russet potato.
Washed.
Stabbed.
Nailed.
Convection-baked.
Cut in half.
Fluffed.
Buttered.
Salted.
Peppered.
Green onions snipped over top.
Sour cream spooned into a mise bowl.
Eaten.

That’s the extent of my available brain power for making dinner tonight.

3 Likes

I’ve had those days! Is retirement in sight for you?

How many ounces is that sucker?

37oz-ish? (I’m backing into it was $14.99per lb. and it cost $35. So that’s 2&1/3lbs right?)

2 Likes

By age - another 4 to 7 years.
By monetary status - another 12 years. Maybe. :unamused:

Maybe start a thread of things to have for dinner when you’ve just had one helluva day. Sleep well.

1 Like

Mm. Meat coma.

It’s usually no-cook-taco Tuesday, but we were too tired to go out. So, DH made cocktails and I made a quick Cacio e Pepe and a green salad.

3 Likes