What's for Dinner #10 - 6/2016 - June is Bustin' Out All Over Edition!

What a delicious week…!!

PS
Last week my parents went to Balompie cafe 3 thanks to your review I forwarded to them :smile:
They loved the place!! Apparently ordered a bunch of the pupusas which they have never tried before. Hoping i’ll get a chance to visit myself on my next trip to CA!

2 Likes

Ummm… You had 36oz of chicken breast at dinner? I don’t know much about what a normal chicken serving is but that sounds wonky

1 Like

Tostadas tonight. Ok, fine, so they were supposed to be tacos and maybe i put too much stuff on them to ever pick up…! Haha!
Fat corn tortillas (those fancy “homestyle” ones) from the freezer, toasted up in a skillet. Topped with a smear of chipotle black bean dip/spread, chopped smoked tofu, shredded lettuce, green onion, cilantro, avocado. Radishes on the side with some smoked salt
Glass of i wish it had vodka in it fizzy lemon cilantro seltzer a la carte.

4 Likes

Yeah I messed that up, I had about 20oz. I had 16 then saw how under calories I was so I had another small 1/4 breast, I estimated to be 4 oz. instead of increasing my 16 to 20 it double recorded it. I’m still new to the app.

1 Like

That makes more sense! Those apps make me kind of insane… But i’m also not as app-saavy as some, seems like if you can make it work for you they’re a good tool to use

Yes, I think I’ve said, this is just a tool for the next step/phase of my new dietary and exercise routine. Time will tell if it’s a useful tool or not.

1 Like

I didn’t care for their app but like the site.

WFD ~ Pan-grilled thick bone-in pork chops. Short dry marinade of TJ’s 21 gun spice salute. Grilled 4 min ea side med heat, or till still slightly pink inside. Squeeze of 1/2 lemon on each to serve.

~ Baby Bok Choy stir-fried in garlicky oil then quick steamed in a mixture of cornstarch, chicken broth, pinch of sugar and salt, and black pepper. Drizzled with sesame oil to serve.

~ The remains of last night’s tomato, green bean, potato salad livened up with a splash of Braggs cider vinegar.

4 Likes

Easy, light dinner tonight. Prep was perfect, as the chop-chop-chop and mince-mince-mince helped bring me down from work-related issues.

Thanks to a fellow poster in another food group I’m in, I went with a recipe for Ziti with Prosciutto, Asparagus and Tomato Cream Sauce for dinner. (I used penne rigate) It was very nice, and gives me leftovers for work tomorrow (I halved the entire recipe, except for the prosciutto LOL).

And yes, there was wine. :smiley:

5 Likes

Left over corvina was mixed with riced potatoes and served on a corn relish with a crispy kale and tomato side

5 Likes

Spicy chicken and green bean stirfry, with a garnish of toasted peanuts and fried garlic, ginger and shallots. Tasty.

4 Likes

I found a good watermelon!!!
WOoooooHOoOooOoOooooo!!!
Thankfully grown in Georgia, not a different country, super tasty and sweet.

I was tempted to call this bowl dinner, but I’m sure i would have woken in the night starving. (Dont mind the hideous counter in my rental apt)
I added some to a salad thing with chopped cashews, radishes, cilantro, arugala, olives, edamame, green onion and lots of black pepper.

6 Likes

oh, yay!! Thanks for letting me know, Trockwood! I’m so happy they liked it! I’m always so glad (and relieved!) when someone likes my recommendations, too! Phew!

1 Like

everyone’s doing the watermelon salad thing! i’m going to have to this weekend…

2 Likes

that corvina cake looks delicious…

Ty. Mixed with the corn it was really good

2 Likes

you always get your plate to look pretty - I cant take a picture of a plate of pasta and make it look good to save my life :slight_smile:

2 Likes

been keeping it simple and enjoying some small yields from the garden - earlier this week a lavander/sage/rosemary garlic rubbed pork loin with potato salad and coleslaw - made great sandwiches too :slight_smile:

the first chilis and eggplants went into a quick sausage ragu over mostacolli

last night a chickpea and potato curry over rice

tonight - sandwiches at a meeting ;( (and probably some decent amount of bourbon afterwards for recovery of sitting in a room full of so much hot air for 3 hours)

8 Likes

I lucked out this time, JT. Sometimes the pasta and veg don’t “fall” properly as I’m spooning into the bowl. This time it did.

whatchoo talkin’ 'bout, Willis? that plate of pasta looks smashing!

and my eyes widened at the sight of that pork - drool-worthy…

2 Likes