What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

NJ local grown Crenshaw melon:

Followed by chicken patties topped with a fried egg, a rye toast with shaved parmesan, and cherry tomatoes fresh from the garden:

The drink is grapefuit, cranberry and pomegranate topped with orange seltzer.

Coffee was Dallmayr Prodomo:

4 Likes

Shared a western on rye with DH from Pochuck farm market
I don’t even like westerns … this one was fantastic

gratuitous pic taken during our drive to the farm … I can’t believe I live here

7 Likes

Maybe not a noteworthy breakfast to some but it was nectar to me. I was on a diving trip in Borneo yesterday and wasn’t expecting much food wise. Not only did they have bread, boiled eggs and sausages ( chicken sausage but I’ll take what I can get). More importantly they had HP sauce. I haven’t had HP sauce since I left England 18 months ago. The sausage, egg and HP sauce sandwich was delicious and I chased it with a HP sauce sandwich.

5 Likes

that brisket hash looks just perfect. ditto on the (basted?) eggs!

1 Like

Olive bread with an imported Gouda melted on top. A simple out the door breakfast this morning. My wife was out the door. My office is still in the dark, thank you Irma

3 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Zucchini Bread

Used up sliced raisin bread I bought before Irma, toasted with a smear of peanut butter

Hit the spot with a calmer stomach than last week

2 Likes

Full English

Egg & Chips, Venison Steak, Bangers, Grill Tomato.

Earl Grey tea with hafnhaf, grapefruit juice.

6 Likes

These zucchini bread posts are loaded with really useful info that IMO would be best utilized on a home cooking or baking or zucchini bread thread as opposed to the “what’s for breakfast thread”

will try

The moderators can move them, or you can start another thread! I think you would get a lot more input on those threads, you have so much valuable info to offer people who bake :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just moved the discussion to baking under Zucchini Bread.

3 Likes

thanks Wrote the new version using KA unbleached wheat bread but was trying to create a new topic under baking but could not get it done. I will try copy and move it over n ow that you created the new topic

2 Likes

My favorite whenever I have any type of steak leftover, steak n eggs!!

2 Likes

I will see your steak and eggs and raise you with hamburger patties topped with a fried egg, accompanied by leftover Latkes with Siracha.

2 Likes

Ohhhhh a pork roll egg and cheese burger is one of my fav’s!!! Nice enjoy!!

1 Like

Today, my son made breakfast as I slept in having taken a benadryl for allergy
Red Lobster’s Biscuit that you just add aged reserve cheddar cheese and water from Costco and brushed with melted butter, poached

eggs ( microwave rather than stove cooked) and precooked bacon also from Costco which is warmed up in the microwave. Add tabasco to the eggs. Lilly Cappuccino coffee with usual 2 truffles ( white and dark from Lindt- buy them when on sale , 6 bags of each which last a year and I get points for having an account with them. )

3 Likes

Egg whites spinach and Swiss, topped with a little srirachia!

6 Likes

The truffles go in the cappuccino…?

Yes it does. We used to use Choc Mod Truffles made especially for Kirkland but Kirkland stopped carrying them. So, had to buy thru Amazon , then realized that the ingredients were not as great. They are not being made in France anymore bur in Canada. So, we change to Lindt Chocolate truffles.

1 Like