What’s on your mind?

I’m mystified as to why this would have been flagged.

2 Likes

Perhaps considered Political?

1 Like

Anyone can flag any post.
The mods then go back and decide if the flag was appropriate.
Remember, they’re all volunteer folks.

5 Likes

Could be, I guess if one considers the judicial a political body. But something that milquetoast seems an unusual trigger.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yes, anyone can flag a post the question posed by @CCE why would they flag this one?
I don’t see it as being offensive, possibly Political is the only thing that makes sense to me.

I didn’t flag it, but by definition this is political.
The last thing I want is to be discussing abortion on a food forum.

3 Likes

I agree, yet I just took it as a notification rather than a discussion topic.

2 Likes

Will you marry me? Just kidding but barely. As I read your posts I was thinking finally someone on the internet gets it. I was commenting just the other day to a lovely member of this group (in a pm of course) that I was surprised by what seemed to me to be a tolerance towards personal attacks here that confused me. A lot. Most sites have “no personal attacks, no politics” and I try to comply. Love your forest not trees approach. I would not ask what your personality type is as that seems intrusive but I know that my type loves theories. You are so right about being an observer. The cruel hearts on chowhound hurt me but a wise friend of mine got hurt badly. To me the whole cowardly “likes” say “ha good one.” I am out of words here, a rare event. Thank you so much. Oops forgot to add (of course) that my meditation leader warned her class that the full moon is fertilizer so be careful what you feed it.

2 Likes

Oof. Had no idea. I agree.

I never have any idea what you’re talking about, but it is very entertaining, for the most part.

HOWL. I was feeling a bit grumpy last night but Cdc (constant dining companion) and I took a drive, hey we were mailing a letter, who can afford just driving around, and that moon looked like it was coming down the road at us like a Mack truck. I am glad cdc was driving because I was drenched in the moon light and all my cares were washed away. Going to go outside right now and see if I can scrounge some leftovers. Leftovers are lovely.

2 Likes

at your service. Curtseys. And grins.

2 Likes

Not sure what you are agreeing to.
I don’t want to discuss those topics either.
As for saying it is on your mind I think that’s ok.
It is a little bit of a grey area even though the subject matter may be considered Political.

1 Like

Gotcha. I have never felt more in tune with anyone on the entire internet. Thank you again. I had a bit of a rough start here on HO and you have been my guide.

2 Likes

Love that word milquetoast. What a wonderful thread we have here.

1 Like

4 Likes

I have to drag myself away from the internet a lot lately. Isn’t there some curse “may you live in interesting times”? I thought I understood but now I get it in a visceral way. Have been thinking about your incredible post mentioning patriotism and wanted to respond. Being bad at navigating this site I am having trouble replying to that post due to incompetence. Would it be wrong to just respond here? You got me thinking about the most patriotic thing I have done so far. I was following the Occupy movement and thought to myself wouldn’t it be great if there was a local movement. I searched and what to my wondering eyes did appear but an event in Lansdale Pa. Without fully understanding the complete mission I went charging over to the site for two reasons. The leader Janine wanted more warm bodies but even more I thought there were few things more American than peaceful protesting. As one member who I am now in love with just mentioned there is knowledge in being the observer. I went with an open mind. The weather was perfect and I learned so much. Plus a great source for local honey since one of my fellow protesters was a bee keeper. Many of the male protesters were intimidated when the cops cruised past us many times. They thought the cops were out to get us. I was convinced they were concerned about our well being. Of course I never said anything as we were too busy chanting “we are the ninety nine percent” and being cursed at. A lot. Jannine picked a spot in the heart of beautiful downtown Lansdale by the kugel ball, a gathering place for teens. She told me they intimidated and harassed her. I never saw it but I believe her. Since I love magic the gathering when I arrived I scanned the faces of the teens hoping to see a fellow gamer. Well that didn’t happened but I was just looking for a friend and they left me alone. One stunningly beautiful November night I suddenly felt a strong chill. A moment later a heavy set male in a huge suv gunned his engine aggressively at us and glared. I felt a strong instinct to run. No one else seemed to feel the extreme danger. The moment passed and he yelled if you get rid of the corporations you get rid of the jobs. He hurled a few curse words at us as he sped away way faster than the downtown speed limit. Did I return? Heck yes and winter finally killed off the movement. The last time I went I stood alone.

1 Like

Lovely. I just saw a firefly twinkling outside my kitchen window. Such an enchanted time of year.

2 Likes

Thank you,
My fireflies are now gone there were so many this year just so much fun to watch.

2 Likes

No fireflies in Oregon :cat:
One of the only things I miss about my life in the Plains.

4 Likes