What’s on your mind?

I apologize again to everyone here on HO. I should’ve just ignored it :slight_smile:

Now please … carry on :wink:

3 Likes

You are not alone. I participate on the HO WFD dinner thread on a somewhat regular basis, and have for a few years now (my participation has increased since 3/2020 due to having more time) and I have no idea WTF is going on in this thread.

But what ever it is, it does not seem appropriate.

3 Likes

Yes, it seems to be a FB thing that somehow found its way here. I think we’ve seen the end to it now.

2 Likes

I hope so.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I just canceled a 4 day trip to Las Vegas to see 2Cellos. :sob: I will try to see them another time.

1 Like

I am buyer for three machine shops and power module/transformer/distribution assembly. I deal with all kinds of people in many countries, but there is one woman at a company we buy a specialty contactor from that I just can’t deal with anymore. My patience and my nice is gone. We have four bad contactor’s -two in December and two in January. This is not unusual. You get bad components these days. Half of electrical components I order test bad anymore. Anyway the four contactors were returned under RMA’s , insured and with tracking numbers that show delivery date, time and who signed for it. For the umpteenth time, I have had to send the tracking and proof of delivery for these. I am done. I have asked for her supervisor. I am done. I have not been ugly or unprofessional but dammit I have provided all of this multiple times. Give me my credit! I have run out of patience and my “bless her heart” wants to choke her now. I have to start over with her each time. And she is one who I have dealt with on this since the beginning. She has absolutely no recall.

3 Likes

I love the line, “What can I do to help you to get this resolved? If you’ve hit a roadblock then forward this to your supervisor immediately.” It sounds like you’ve done that though. Can you get their sales rep involved? Have you tried water boarding anyone yet? I’ve had decent luck waterboarding people.

1 Like

Unfortunately the customer service team handles returns. Our sales rep does not. He is however copied on this correspondence and he does acknowledge that customer service is “lacking”. I have called in and gone to the VP of Customer Service/Operations. I have counted her requesting this information six times since February. The day we returned the contactors, she was provided with tracking info. The day they were delivered, she received the proof of delivery. I just keep picking up the initial first emails and the subsequent forwards. I kept hoping she would get a clue. She is clueless. I used to work with a crusty old accountant who forgot things, but he drank. Maybe she is indulging in something that leads to memory loss. Whatever it is, I have spent too durn much time doing her job for her and I am done. I just want someone to give me my credit and quit asking for the same info over and over and over. But then no one reads anything longer than three words anymore.
I am nice until I am not nice anymore.

2 Likes

What’s on my mind tonight is that spring allergies apparently are a thing worldwide, and my US allergy medication is woefully unprepared for the ones I am currently experiencing.

2 Likes

Blargh. Any chance of being able to run an air cleaner in the room where you sleep at night? I got a new one recently and was astonished at how much better I feel combined with my usual allergy meds. Year round allergies, seasonal allergies—yep, I can sympathize.

2 Likes

@wholetthedogsout - hi; saw your question elsewhere picking up here. In theory past heavy soup season here but it spit sleet & snow today so a few more pots will likely be made this season. Rarely making bread these days; my professional & volunteer work all seem to have ramped up, besides without Dennis to feed I’m more inclined to eat salads & charcuterie. :blush:

I have sometimes had a mild reaction to pine pollen. Usually I just get a mild headache but this year it has been bad. My nose won’t stop running and my face has broken out twice all over in a red bumpy, painful, itchy rash. I finally realized that the culprit was probably my cat who has started taking her mid-day nap on my pillow. Pine pollen is all over the place and she is no doubt covered in it. It has gotten better now that I put a bedspread on the bed during the day. At least the rash part has stopped. When you say a worldwide thing, do you mean especially this year?

Sorry about your struggles. Your sales rep should absolutely be able to kick this up to a resolution team. If he/she can’t or won’t it unfortunately sounds like the company has financial problems. I’m guessing she’s stalling rather than clueless.

2 Likes

They USED to be a good company, but they have changed hands about four or five times and the investment firm who owns them has just gutted them. I am just laughing right now cause that poor woman emailed me again with the same email “I am not finding the attached part was returned with either of the RMA’s you have referenced. I do not see in any documentation for these RMAs in house that this was included with either return. Were you given another RMA to return 461332A-0004 that you received in error? I believe this is why no credit has been issued for this invoice 736190.” Bless her heart. I can’t handle it today. I will start again on Monday. I can’t spend anymore of my time doing her job for her.

1 Like

You might have to write this one off as it really sounds like the company has zero intention of giving you a refund, likely because they are not financially sound. If your sales rep won’t help then it’s either a write off or a drive to the company’s HQ. Or a letter to the CEO with documentation of this woman’s feigned incompetence.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t due to the dollar amount of the return. These capacitors are $5,000 or more each depending on the voltage and amps. I have to deal with this company because they are the only one that builds these to the spec we need. I honestly think it is the employee. I don’t have this issue when I deal with others there. I told our sales rep this morning that I needed someone else other than her. He said I would have my credit by the end of the day-we’ll see.

I had an issue at another company, the CSR was painful to deal with. I put up with her patronizing and chastising me for six months. I thought it was me because she acted that way from the first time I dealt with her. Finally two weeks ago, I had had it. I asked for her boss. Have not had an issue since I began dealing with her boss.

ETA- there is obviously something wrong with this woman. Either she is suffering from some mental issue or some ailment that affects her memory cause i would hope nobody would be this way on purpose. Maybe the company is being nice to her by keeping her employed and has put her in a position where she can do the least harm or is waiting for her to decide on her own that she can’t do the job. Whatever- but when I have to take time out my day to do her job then it becomes my issue and that is what I told our sales rep.

1 Like

Edit: I lost the sound of him growling.

3 Likes

Nah, no air purifier here. Plus windows are open all day.

1 Like

Oh boy oh boy AUDREY!!! I started a new campaign for the heroes that cook for one to be recognized for their loving self care. You and Linda W. were on the list as well as NIW. Littleflower too altho we are worried about not hearing from her recently. Please give me updates in a pm if you want to. I suck at cooking for one and CDC has been pulling down a crazy schedule so he is not my constant dining companion as much as I would like. Trying to improve so my first brisket, kosher from tjs is cooling now. Wish me luck!

1 Like