What’s on your mind?

Sorry, let me clarify, I mean the ethically one. Yours is just fine last I checked. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This is the anything goes thread (but don’t be an egregious name calling wannabe keyboard warrior…note NOT addressed at anyone, just my condensed version of the rules). So I won’t worry at all about thread drift. I’ll be going on for a bit about lobsters…also gaming :grin:

4 Likes

They’ve both gone off the rails.
I blame cookware.
:wink:

5 Likes

No, I was in there and defoiled it. :frowning:

4 Likes

Thanks for the warning, I’ll wait for the vitamin X to kick in before checking in on it. JK about the X :scream: - maybe!

3 Likes

So full almost disclosure.

Dad owned a seasonal restaurant here in Maine for 40 years. He bought it in 1968 & 3d wife (Mom was 1st-- divorce wasn’t pretty) sold it in 2008 luckily just before the recession. It started out as a lobster in the rough place much like Red’s in Wiscasset but with lobster tanks. He would turn it eventually into a full fledged cloth napkin spot.

I worked for him for 4 different summers over the years as the lobster cook – first in 1971. Cooking 70-80 a day in the height of the tourist season (where we are right now). The record for me was 136. Working there showed me that the restaurant biz just wasn’t for me but did instill a lifelong curiosity about all aspects of the food service industry!

Lobster does nothing for me. I don’t hate it but am amused by the “OMG, it’s better then sex!” reaction I see. Lobsters are carrion feeders & also cannibalistic.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t know about that because I’ve been in a drought since 2014. TMI, I know. But offered to help explain my occasional edginess. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

My MIL was raving about the “great” sale for avocs at Aldi - at $0.89 per ea. I reminded her that they used to run $0.35 per ea. there, at least one week per month.

But yes, I did load up on a bunch at $0.89. :slight_smile:

One that surprised me recently was while moving my daughter across Florida we went out to eat and the tilapia was chalked in as “Market Price”.

Duh what? Grouper and spiny lobster have been “market” since forever but tilapia? Since when? Common as sand on the beach thereabouts. But most is farmed, and maybe there was some hiccough in that industry.

5 Likes

Aaaand now a flag to boot. But you’ve picked up a few more nominees along the way.

3 Likes

Lol

1 Like

From the For What It’s Worth department, be glad you aren’t a developer working for Equifax. Or a non-mortgage lender who relied on their scores.

2 Likes

Love your edginess. My one friend John of the bloody deer heart went through quite a dry spell and shared with everyone his pain.
Thank goodness he had a sense of humor about it. Just once I accidentally deleted his wallpaper on his pc and his fists balled up in rage and his pale skin turned red.
He was a six foot six dedicated weight lifter. I felt an icy stab of fear for a moment. Now that is edgy.
He called himself a Born Again Virgin

2 Likes

Missed you. That was pretty much the small stone you threw at me back around April fifth.
Lucky for me just like Respectfully you throw like a girl.
Everyone joined in on the stoning so I got quite an introduction to HO. Fun times

https://youtu.be/qnoxKXkPqEE

2 Likes

Commenting on the liquor laws in Kansas, Maine, & NY. Grew up in greater NYC. Grocery stores could only sell beer. Wine & hard liquor were “Package Stores” only. Haven’t lived there since '87 so don’t know if changed.

Coming to Maine was something of a bogglement going into a supermarket in '71 & seeing wine there. OTOH hard liquor could only be sold in a “State Store” and they were few & far between. The law was changed some years ago and there’s whole aisle (Both sides!) of wine & hard liquor and the State Stores were shut down.

Kansas where I lived for 3 years was a so called “Dry State”. The beer was nerfed to 3.2%. There were no bars…well there were but they had to be “private clubs” one had to join. The reqs to join were very relaxed. This was 40+ years ago so I don’t know if/what has changed.

3 Likes

I bravely typed here instead. Someone typed that this can be the ashole thread about What’s On Your Mind but I love it here.
I really think having a sense of humor helps with this stuff. I know I know rocket scientist here.
Having a sense of humor and self mockery is a dynamic duo.
Everyone ignores it when I type about personality types but will that stop me? Ha!
Some people are more literal minded than others and typing I think can bring that out even more.
No body language or tone of voice cues. More projection. I think Olunia typed about how if someone is in a bad mood no matter how well you type you simply won’t be understood.
Where the hell is Olunia anyway???
Lots of big egos on the interwebz, and I misplaced my ego. It is around here somewhere and if I ever find it I swear I will set the internet on fire so be warned. Mwa ha ha

1 Like

egregious name calling wannabe keyboard warrior
I choose to take this personally and think you directed this at me. Not.
Voldemort (i have to call him that so as not to trigger bbq boy) claims we were already in the age of the narcissist but lock down made this so much worse.
It is my opinion that narcissists take everything personally. It is a great way to attention whore and get better at victim hood. A very useful skill.
Oh please please go on. I am enjoying your comments a lot.
Don’t get me started on people joining in and packing up to be included.
The pack came for me on april fifth and sixth and a lot of it was members just wanting to participate.
Being a mostly Omega wolf but abruptly Alpha when needed to everyone’s shock in rl I do not get the whole beta wolf thing.
One of my best friends conan is the biggest narcissist I know well. They played this song on my haunted radio

LOL :joy:

1 Like

I try to hold my breath but sometimes it doesn’t work and I just lash out. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Nice post. Glad to see you commenting more here.
I was raised in a slaughter house and grew up in a dive bar. Penna
I have stories, so many stories.
Wegmans finally sells beer and wine and it is so much fun because I can sit on my ass, sip beer or wine in the indoor or outdoor food court and game my heart away.
An amazing cheap date.
Well except for the time conan insisted on buying cheap port and guzzling it fast.
He hid in the wegmans men’s room and I had to go in there twice to check on him.
Conan is no Ron Swanson and later he threw up in my car.
The next day he blamed me for the fiasco. Of course he did.
They played His song on my haunted radio

1 Like

Lash out? Oooo tell me more? Please?
https://youtu.be/4dOsbsuhYGQ

1 Like