What are you baking? March 2022

Trying again, as I couldn’t add a photo last time.
Rhubarb Gâteau Basque. Sweet tart crust with tangy stewed rhubarb and pastry cream. I like it even better on day 2, when the crust has softened a bit.

7 Likes

Try the upload button (when you edit) at the bottom of the screen on the right. The one with the arrow pointing up.

That has worked before, but now I can select the photos, but they don’t attach or embed in my post. Not sure what the issue is. It looked good though! I’ll keep trying.

There is a % upload that I’ve noticed recently, maybe you just have to wait until it says
100 % ?

3 Likes

Gorgeous.

1 Like

If you use a desktop computer, you can just drag the photo in window where you write your text. Make sure you put your cursor on a new line so the newly added picture won’t cut your sentence.

Or this tutorial may help. I think the interface change a bit, but you can find the same pictogram.

1 Like

Thank you, mig, most appreciated…it’s a a five cup Lotus mold, so a small cake.

1 Like

Thank you. I have successfully added photos before, and I now realize the problem is with my phone. The photo is visible, but with no data attached and an error message. Will try to get another tomorrow!

Glad to see you here Ginny!

2 Likes

Success! And a great excuse for a decadent (for me) breakfast.

17 Likes

Looks good!!

1 Like

Do you have a recipe link? I think my aunt/proxy mom would love this!

1 Like

It was in the LCBO (Ontario liquor store) Food and Drink for this spring. Lots of great rhubarb recipes in the issue!

5 Likes

That is stunning! Thank you for persevering and posting the picture/recipe. I will definitely save this one!

3 Likes

Oooohhhh- they look incredible, sallyt. I suppose it’s a copyright violation to post the recipe here, but i’d love to have it.

1 Like

It this it?

Can I dm it to you? @maccrogenoff , no, it’s different…

I made three cakes from Snacking Cakes in three days! Friday was the fudgy chocolate cake with cocoa frosting. Excellent. Saturday was the gingerbread cake - brought to book club and everyone loved it. SO good but very fluffy - I prefer a less ethereal texture. Somewhere between that and dense. Sunday (today) was the coconut lime cake but the lemon variation. this was SO AMAZING. I made as is except baked in a 9" sq pan for 25 minutes.

18 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Zoe Francois’ tutu pavlova.
pavlova 2

Next time I’ll shape the pavlova more upright to get a prettier effect. This has whipped cream, homemade lemon curd, and some raspberries.

20 Likes