Top 10 New Restaurants According to Westchester Magazine

Thinking about trying a few of the recommendations that I haven’t been to on this list. What do you think of the choices? Agree/disagree?

“top 10 new restaurants” - looks to me like they are the only 10 restaurants to open recently. Westchester mag is notorious for good reviews of their advertisers

Hi 914! The only one I’ve been to is the Whitlock, and while I like the comfortable atmosphere and nice staff, the menu has nothing on it that appeals to me, and the food itself is kind of bland. I was there twice and once had a short rib dish that was ok, and the second time I had a vary bland roast chicken dish. I hear good things about Southern Table on this board. But, as Rich says - I give no credence to anything in Westchester magazine. They promote their advertisers.

1 Like

Ditto on no credence to westchester magazine. It’s all pay to play.

I recently posted about a dinner at Capers in Pt Chester. The food and service were excellent, but the noise level was impossible. It was a weekend night and they were swamped (it’s not very large) so it is possible the noise is tolerable if they are less busy some other evening. They don’t seem to be open for lunch.

Has anyone been to Unico?

I met the owner of Unico before he and his wife opened. I thought he was a jerk, so I haven’t been. Friends have and some liked it and some didn’t, but all thought it over priced.

1 Like

In January, the Westchester Magazine food writer posted a photo of a bunch of stuff from Melt Shop (chain at The Westchester) that she said had been sent over to the office. I responded “So when we read a glowing review of Melt Shop there won’t be any reason to wonder if it’s real.” She responded “I’m sorry. I’m not sure I understand your meaning”. I didn’t take it any further.

BTW their photographer was at The Rare Bit last Friday when we were there for lunch, so there’s obviously an article coming out soon. He took some photos of the room so I might even get my 5 seconds of fame (it would only be a distant shot, so no 15 seconds).

1 Like

Related topic, this is what Opentable says are the Diner’s Choice top 10 restaurants in the Hudson Valley:

Annarella Ristorante / American / Saugerties
Vento Bistro / Contemporary Italian / New Rochelle
Le Canard Enchaine / French / Kingston
Liberty Street Bistro / Contemporary American / Newburgh
D’Vine Bar - Sparkill / Fusion / Eclectic / Sparkill
Sergio’s Ristorante / Italian / Pelham
Tredici / Italian / Purchase
Fogama / Japanese / Rye
Jessie’s Harvest House / Comfort Food / Tannersville
The Parlor / Pizzeria / Dobbs Ferry

Link: https://www.opentable.com/s/dinerschoice?topic=Best%20Overall&metroid=8&regionids=20&ref=9472&cmpid=em_email2019&utm_campaign=Email%2BMass%2BAuto%2BNA%3A%2BNA_112_DinersChoice_Region_version1&utm_source=simon&utm_medium=email

1 Like

Not much in my neck of the woods. I still need to get to the Parlor.