The Baker’s Grove in Shrewsbury

Flaky Tart was a wonder. Both co-owners are very talented. Now both have their own place. This one is in the Grove in Shrewsbury.

2 Likes

I stopped by the Bakers Grove in Shrewsbury this morning as they are having their soft opening. Everything looked great…and what I ‘ve tasted so far is delicious. I guess I won’t have to bake every time I get an urge to have something sweet.
Here’s what I got today

7 Likes

Heading there in a bit myself. Can’t wait

1 Like

Do they prepare sandwiches or sides at the new shop too?

Plan is to have prepared sandwiches and salads, yes.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m going to be headed that way next week.

Go early. As early as possible. Stuff goes fast

1 Like

@seal @NotJrvedivici Think it’s time to change the title of this thread? Or start a new one about The Baker’s Grove in Shrewsbury? I’d hate for people to miss info about a new place because this starts w RIP…

2 Likes

As always, your wish is my command Princess Curlz! :wink:

3 Likes

Lines at 8am?

1 Like

Their Thanksgiving menu looks decent.

I just ordered the Pear Cranberry Upside-Down Cake.

1 Like

As it should be. :rofl: TY! :hugs:

2 Likes

I have such mixed feelings about this place. Most of what we’ve gotten has been very good; only one meh item so far. But the service is NOT GOOD. like 15 min for 2 coffees one time as the only people in the store or 25 min wait in store to get two items left while only having two other people ahead of you (owner less than 5 feet from me the whole time).
Also, we’ve gone at noon and they’ve been out of most stuff. Tried going at 930AM to beat the crowns and then told stuff wasn’t ready yet for the day (bread and cookies nothing crazy); kinda frustrating when I’m just trying to get basics.
Also, not one employee, not one, has worn a mask at any point I’ve been there (three times now).

That said, most of the stuff I’ve gotten has been a cut above anyplace else nearby for sure; I just am not sure yet if it’s worth the hassle. I know they are new, but they should have some of this down by now.

3 Likes

That’s all I need to know. Wow.

1 Like

No mask’s no me💯

2 Likes

Ditto!

2 Likes

Note to self: check the sub-forum before opening a thread

I’d assumed that this was about the Shrewsbury that’s a 70 mile drive from me, not the one that’s that’s an 8 hour flight away.

8 Likes

Here to play devil’s advocate, as I spoke with the owner last week. They’re super short staffed and are trying to keep up with the demand. Open until sold out. They make the pastries by hand, small batches, every day. He advises coming early for pastries and a little later for desserts. (Though waiting 15 minutes for two coffees…ugh.)

Also want to point out that as of July, restaurants/food biz employees in NJ are not required to wear masks. I know everyone’s comfort level is different - and you can, of course, feel uncomfortable going in a place that doesn’t require them - but it’s not required.

4 Likes

Ordered their large cinnamon roll, cranberry cream danish and the chocolate cream bun on the way back from Trader Joe’s the other day. We inhaled them in place of dinner. $14.00. One other couple ordering ahead of us, otherwise quiet. Looked like we were hitting the after lunch selection. Total self-indulgence.

The cranberry tart we ordered pre Thanksgiving was a huge hit…I never even tasted that one. And, it was pretty spectacular in presentation.

Now that there are a few new pastry shops in the area, I hope they all thrive.

Since the NJ cottage food law was approved in Oct dozens of home bakers are entering the community marketplace…friends included.

3 Likes