Siam Basil Sea Girt [NJ]

Had another great lunch here today and was surprised that there was no thread for them already. Siam Basil has been on rt 35 for what seems like ages putting out good, reliable, and reasonably priced Thai food.

My dining companion started with the spring roll. I had one and they were good dunked in Nam Pla, light and crispy. He followed with a spicy and flavorful beef panang curry that I first turned him onto years ago. Me, I just had a double order of what may be the best, and is definitely the cheapest, papaya salad in a 30 minute radius from me.

In days when a single order of papaya salad goes for 12.95 or more, 8.95 is a bargain!

2 Likes

I’m with you–I know SB gets mentioned in Thai threads, but I can’t believe they didn’t have their own! It’s one of the first GOOD Asian places I found after moving down here and always enjoy meals there.

1 Like

I’m going next Monday night. Any recommendations for me? Some spice is ok, just not overly spicy.

1 Like

Haven’t been in far too long, but when I go with friends, we usually share the assorted appetizers and they’re done well, although all fried, iirc. I also like the Tom Kha soup, the spicy basil duck (they’ll accommodate your chosen level of spice), and their red curry.
Enjoy!!

1 Like

I’ve never had anything that was bad, but they definitely err on the side of not spicy enough.

1 Like