RIP Chowhound

@Saregama

Welcome MelMM, so glad to see you here!! As Harters says, very easy to do here.

3 Likes

Welcome @MelMM!

Tags are less used here mostly because the search and tracking mechanisms are much more effective.

But @hungryonion @sck @naf @biondanonima (who organizes cuisine of the quarter) may be able to clarify — or set up a tag (I’ll venture that we’ll need a few…)

The rest is as @Harters responded in terms of setting up a new topic.

6 Likes

Hi MelMM,

Welcome! Great to know you would like to move the group to here. @biondanonima and me are the mods of the Cooking Forum. We don’t not have a cookbook of the month in HO, and will try our best to help. We will private message you for all the technical details.

6 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

What John said. I use “WFD” tag for the monthly What’s For Dinner threads, so the COTM or DOTM tags could easily be created if they’re not already. But they ARE optional, but make it easy to do a later search, per @naf to me. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@naf @biondanonima there are likely going to be a few “regular” CH groups moving over (I posted to all the ones I participate in).

Might make sense to do the instructions as a Site Post that we can point to later for all the groups getting recreated?

(Looping in @sallyt for baking)

5 Likes

Try being the guy tasked with getting him to a doctor! Brutal.

1 Like

He kept on playing after pausing and chastising the guy.
This concert was legendary for causing noise complaints 5-10 miles away, even north across the river.
Good times!
:slight_smile:

…and eventually wound up getting driven to the doctor where he passed out. Glamorous it is not. Good times, we called it working our Overtime asses off :grin:. But what a story 'round the bus.

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: CH archive and most memorable posts

A post was split to a new topic: CH archive and most memorable posts

Memory posts and archive is moved, please continue your discussion in the following thread.

7 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Recreating Regular Chowhound Boards Here

I don’t think I’ve ever visited Chowhound.

I recently joined HO. I was long time CH regular, since about 1999-2000. The guys who bought it from the big dog tried to make it something it wasn’t. In it’s prime it was a great place. Yeah, there were jerks onboard, but hey, that’s life. All in all, i’ll miss it, a lot.

14 Likes

I never block anyone because my thick skin and rational attitude makes it impossible to offend me. :muscle:

2 Likes

You’ve got spunk

4 Likes

Discussing Chow or any forum is like the 4 blind guys feeling up and describing an elephant. Most of us hang out in an particular area of a forum depending on our passions. I was deeply involved in Chow France and have almost no experience with other areas. So we are each describing and lamenting the loss of very specific interest areas. But the demise of such a realistically and potentially valuable resource is sad.

10 Likes

Reported!!

2 Likes

Challenge Accepted!!! Yo’ momma so fat…(JOKE) I’m sure your mother is/was a lovely woman!

2 Likes