Power’s Out…

Not gin and tonic. Not gifted and talented. I’m out of ideas!

Generation and Transmission…cooperatives

4 Likes

Haha, a good gin and tonic would make work a whole lot easier! But yep, @JMat is right, generation and transmission.

3 Likes

I have learned a thing today!

1 Like

And today, a month plus a day later, I learned/figured out that I grew up on the ridges and in the valleys due south of @ScottinPollock and due north of @pilgrim’s place. Most of my immediate family is still in Amador County.

Small world!

2 Likes

The problems at PG&E are decades in the making and not quickly corrected. In our country county, there is massive investment of manpower and equipment in line inspection and tree trimming. But effort is mismanaged, personnel dispatched to a situation only to be stopped mid project, recalled and sent to another of higher “priority”.

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/judge-blasts-pgande-as-continuing-menace-over-wildfires-as-utilitys-probation-ends/ar-AASZccE

You can add insulation to the freezer by covering it with a number of blankets; it will slow the loss of cold. I did this with a cardboard box full of frozen and cold items from my fridge and wrapped it in a couple of blankets. I was astonished at how cold the food remained.

2 Likes