Power’s Out…

Almost resembles a Thomas Kinkade painting (another California guy).

6 Likes

This morning PG&E actually exposed a number for folks without power more than 2 days to talk with an individual… end result is currently the end of day Jan 5th for restoration.

So just got back from town with more gas and a serious restocking of the bar. Drive wasn’t too bad (as opposed to Tuesday when it took 35 minutes to round trip 7 miles).

Dunno if I’ll have enough gas to last 'till then, but the bar will be A-OK!

8 Likes

My heart goes out to you people in the snow. :snowman_with_snow:

2 Likes

Snow is ok, but this is a 50 year record breaker where I am at. And PG&E can’t even keep it on when it is light… or windy… or rainy. This wasn’t the case 20 years ago, but their infrastructure has been pretty much ignored since then.

They keep putting up matchsticks and package twine, when it should be underground in an area that continually has to deal with winter weather. Even my house (when I built it 20 years ago) has underground connections for electric and cable. Sad that utilities can’t understand new infrastructure is necessary, and more cost effective in the long run.

7 Likes

Word!

This photo reminds me of several years ago when husband dashed back into the bedroom, calling out,
“Get up! Get up! There’s 18 inches of snow on the deck!” I peeked out of the covers with one eye open and answered, “If there’s 18 inches now, there’ll be 18 inches in an hour.” And there were.

2 Likes

I’m 2 miles off 101. Don’t know my elevation but much higher than town. I get a little snow almost every year. One year we got over a foot, that was fun.

2 Likes

A couple weeks ago it snowed 18 inches in the Twin Cities metro and five days later it was raining and melted all but maybe 15%. The snowfall since has been minimal. In checking their weather a few minutes ago there’s a cold weather advisory for -35F (with chill factor though). I feel very bad for them. :smirk:

2 Likes

About a month ago I tried to come up with a brief poem about winter I thought most Northern Californians could relate to and nothing seemed to work.

I have bookmarks for winter, spring, summer and fall. That was the poem on the winter bookmark. Unfortunately I messed it up, should have been bundled up, not bundles up. I blame the Manhattan.

2 Likes

We were there (Eagan MN) visiting family, it was incredible!!!

3 Likes

We know that you speak truth when your town is featured on ABC news as a snow impacted community! 5 minutes ago…

3 Likes

Wow. I know Eagan. It’s a very nice community.

1 Like

Yes, it really is, lovely community, really nice people. That was a record breaking storm, 4th biggest snowfall in recorded history supposedly. They got almost 20" in 8 hrs. Lots of flts were cancelled, we stayed an extra day. Love looking at the snow but really don’t like being out in it, afraid I will slip…

2 Likes

Hey. That looks like my table in the snow. Lol.

4 Likes
1 Like

As I am partially in the industry, I just have to say…they know. It sucks, but hands are tied at many levels. I have no love for pg&e, trust me, but there’s a lot that goes into the dumb decisions that are made. Glad you’re all right though Scott!

2 Likes

I get it… mainly $$$.

Yep…though that’s also why I don’t like pg&e much. I deal with a lot of g&t coops, but even though they’re member owned they still run into similar issues, just not as bad. The true price of power, yeah?

1 Like

What is g&t?