Please keep us company Middletown August 20th

I completely forgot our son got us tickets to a charity food and wine tasting event at the Navasink Country Club from 6-9 on Monday August 20th. I’m all about donating to different charities, but I hate getting stuck at one of these things where we don’t know anybody. Soooooo, here’s the link:

If any local or visiting HOs want to go we can graze and sip together.

1 Like

The link does not provide any information about what the price includes. Do you know?

1 Like

The last event we went to they had lots of food and wine and beer stations and you got a small tasting from any of them that you wanted. One restaurant had lobster mac n cheese and I must’ve had three or four of those. By my last trip they just gave me a double portion. The rotary club page at:

https://redbankrotary.org/page/2018-two-rivers-food-wine-tasting

doesn’t really have a lot more information. I’d like to know who will be serving what, but I guess it doesn’t matter as we will be attending come what may.

The saga continues…

Turns out we have an extra ticket for tonight’s event. PM me if you want to go. We already bought the tickets so no charge for you, but feel free to donate to the raffles at the event.

We met @bgut1 and his Mrs. at the event. We hadn’t eaten a meal with them since we were all at Chowhound. We talked about the old days and how nobody has seen equalmark in ages. We were both in the legendary bbq crawl with him. It was great catching up!

For once the food kept pace with the wonderful company. To start with, Drew was there. Not just his food, or some of his guys, the man himself. I almost did a spit take when I saw him. His pulled pork jambalaya was outstanding.

Local Smoke was there with trays of poppers. There were good lobster rolls, crab cakes, big, briny oysters, lobster mac, and more. A great night.

4 Likes

Nice glad you enjoyed and got to catch up with another long standing member like yourself! This reminds me I’m over due for a trip to Drew’s, I have to pace myself I just can’t eat those meals all that often. (yes I know he will make something “light” but who goes to Drew’s to eat light? LOL)

5 Likes

It was really nice catching up with @seal and his family. It had been way too long. I promised that I would make it out to a HO Down real soon. BTW, the food was very good at this event with my favs being Drew’s pulled pork jambalaya with mustard sauce, the lobster rolls from Dearborn Market, the raw bar from the Lusty Lobster and the mini bundt cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes.

3 Likes