Old Glory (Keyport NJ)

That crabcake is great. The seafood mac and cheese is very good.

@Jr did you ck out the lounge area refurb’d in the basement?

I asked about it because I wanted to check it out but they said it’s closed. Anytime I can go out have a couple apps, couple drinks and very good entrees for $107 for 4 is a dam good night to me!

Only downside to the night was McDonoughs didn’t have live music that night.

2 Likes

We went yesterday for pizza and beers. We ordered the wings but the waitress forgot :sob: My food luck lately hasn’t been amazing. The green goat pizza here is super tasty. Big fan.

Ohhhhhhh I feel so sorry for you not getting the wings!! Did you order the parmesean wings? (this might be my current favorite wings) I’m honestly becoming a fan of this place even though I’ve only had 2 experiences here for their price point they really are good.

1 Like

I feel like it was either those or thai chili? Either way, I’m still super bummed about it still! I guess I will have to go back.

2 Likes

First disappointing meal, lunch special. Sandwich was poorly executed and small side salad was really weak on ingredients and the upcharge not mentioned until bill arrived. I spoke to Mgr immediately and was given a appreciated adjustment. I like this place enough to be satisfied by how the check was handled but I was still hungry and wound up eating tacos a few blocks away.

1 Like

Is drews now open for lunch or did you perhaps put this in the wrong thread?

Oh man, you are correct. This post belongs in the Old Glory thread.

@Jr, move or delete is ok by me.

1 Like

ROLF. Hahaha. Touche.

2 Likes

Just saw on Instagram Old Glory is celebrating their 2 year anniversary tomorrow. Music, 1/2 price menu, giveaways etc if anyone is interested.

2 Likes

I met someone here for dinner Tuesday night and once again I’m happily surprised by the quality of the food. We had the parmesean and rosemary crusted wings and coconut shrimp as apps, bother were very good. The wings are really delicious I’ve never had them prepared like this and it’s fantastic.

For an entree I had the chicken milanese and once again it was excellent. The chicken was fresh and the salad including the mozzarella pieces were all very good. About a year ago I went to Mr. C’s in Allenhurst and ordered this and the chicken was tough and chewy and grey. Obviously it had been cooked a couple days ago the flash fried to heat it back up, it was so bad I wrote off Mr. C’s for allowing such a lack of quality. Old Glory had a golden brown with white and juicy cutlet that was very good.

I really can’t tell you how impressed I am for a restaurant of this type. Every time I go I leave very satisfied, especially for their price points. I really wish this was closer to home for me.

2 Likes

Had a ressie here a couple of weeks ago but plans fell through. Also not close for me, but want to check it out.

Report back when you do!

Went back last night, place was packed had to wait 30mins for a table. Once again had an excellent meal, really appreciate the quality of the food they put out at very reasonable prices. Apps, Parmesan wings and a pizza, short ribs and a couple cocktails for $35.pp. Service was a little slow but as I said they were packed.

1 Like

forgot ot post- went here a cpl weeks ago- VERY impressed. Good prices as well. Place is really amazing in side. Looks like a great place to hang out. We just got take out after day out and ate it by the gazebo in Keyport. Was hard not hitting KF but this place is fantastic.
Split a Caesar salad, chicken Milanese, and French dip. French dip was ok- just don’t think it translates to take out very well. Salad was huge portion and was great. Star was chicken Milanese with a really great balsamic dressing. Wonderfully cooked portion, not dry with nice side salad. Would 100% order again.
Big winner of the night were the fries. Honestly, fries were amazing- great sea salt flavor but not too much, perfectly fried- we got an additional side order along with what came with French dip… And keep in mind this was takeout and they still came out excellent. Service on the takeout order was efficient and friendly. Really great meal- can’t wait to try again and eventually hit it up for a night out one of these nights.
really happy this place was brought up here.

4 Likes

It might not be too late in the season but they have out door entertainment at the bar. Generally it’s one guy singing etc. but it makes for a nice pit stop before or after dinner. Generally on the weekends Mc Donough’s has a band playing too so you can just walk across the parking lot for some more entertainment. I really wish it was closer to home because I’m a big fan of the spot.

2 Likes

I wish they were closer to home too. Even out of Uber reach financially, IMO.

1 Like

Had dinner for 14 people at Old Glory last night. Let me start by addressing service issues. They had a lot of people working last night. Between the big bar crowd watching the end of the Jets game, a booming take-out biz, and a full dining room they needed the help. I watched all night as servers continued to run through the place. Everybody was moving with purpose and quickly and efficiently. I was ready to post on here about how smoothly everything went until I saw that they previously had service issues - not last night!

The food was solid. We started with a couple of pizzas and two orders of the afforementioned parmesian wings that we all enjoyed. I usually shy away from this flavor and lemon pepper as both are usually shaken on as an afterthought, but these are different. Oooey gooey melted parmesian goodness was drizzled with a good balsalmic ( or a reduction ) giving the wings great flavor. The margherita pie was good but the buffalo chicken pie was too spicy for some. I liked it. For mains we shared a caeser salad and short rib mac n cheese. The salad was fine, if a bit ordinary, but the mac was excellent and so big a portion that we have dinner for tonight too.

5 Likes

So I finally checked this off my list. This is definitely a cool spot. I went in thinking about mediocre bar food but I have to admit the food is not bad.

They have new roasted wings similar to Tommy’s. They are served with caramelized onions and cherry pepper slices which I liked. They are definitely large and tasty. I am not sure how new the my are but the menu said “new.” They don’t serve any bread with the wings like Tommy’s does. You get a lemon wedge. Overall two thumbs up.

Now for dinner I had…actually take a seat for this one. I got a salad. I’m going to let that sink in for a moment :joy:

It was a buffalo shrimp salad with romaine. So you got 8 fried shrimp that were battered and tossed in a Frank’s style hot sauce and butter combo. My hat is off to the person who made this salad. First off, they get the dressing right. Instead of pouring a little on the top and leaving 80% of the salad dry, this was premixed and everything, except the shrimp on top, was lathered in blue cheese dressing. The shrimp were tossed on top of the salad but here is the kicker. They dumped the pan over top of the salad so you get that hot sauce mixing with the bluecheese and dripping down toward the bottom…brilliant.

Last but not least, they hit this salad with blue cheese crumbles and bacon, ample amounts of both to set this salad off. Overall, this high calorie salad got high marks from me.

My friends chicken milanesa looked like a nice dish too. Pics are not great but…

10 Likes