Nello Does Woman a Favor, Womankind a Disservice

Nello, a restaurant I - and you, most likely - have no reason to patronize, has banned unaccompanied ladies from sitting at the bar, because they’re probably hookers. Everything about this is hilarious, unless you’re the lady who exposed the practice, and who is rightfully pretty pissed off.

I was once mistaken for a hooker while sitting unaccompanied at the bar at Essex House, and y’know who got bounced? The guy who mistook me for a hooker. Which is as it should be.

1 Like

I read about this the other day. I remember when you couldn’t sit at a bar alone or wait in a hotel lobby if you were female. Thankfully that has changed in most situations in the US.

The ironic aspect is the hookers wouldn’t be trolling at that bar if no one was biting. Seems like it would end the problem if men had to sit at a table!

The owners attitude towards the woman who wrote the original piece was mind boggling. She had been a regular solo diner for years and he was so dismissive and rude. Your dollar is your vote!

2 Likes

Ugh. I’ve eaten countless dinners alone at various restaurant bars and never once have I sold my body afterwards.

1 Like

I don’t know about you but I hate to go back to work after a big meal! :wink:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Word. There’s a reason no one dials 1-800-LOGY.

1 Like