KITCHEN 713 - Washington Avenue (Houston)

Kitchen 713 opened the day after Christmas in 2016, about 3 months ago. I tried it this week and was really impressed. I love the fusion of flavors - soul food with spices of Thailand and India. It is in the old TQLA space on Washington between Les Givral and Miyako with convenient parking garage in back.

The wing appetizer was delicious, big fat spicy wings with a fish sauce for dipping and a hunk of fried Thai basil sitting atop. The price seemed out of line with the other lunch pricing at $16 but I’d order it again.

I had the catfish tikka masala which was spicy fried catfish over basmati rice with spinach, grape tomatoes and thinly sliced fingerling potatoes in the middle. It was drizzled with a spicy tikka masala sauce rather than floating in it. It was delicious. They were out of the pork leg bolognese made with rice noodles, which I had my eye on.

My friend had the lamb shoulder tacos, which came with a giant bowl of black beans and rice.

All of it was outstanding and served hot and fresh from the kitchen. Will definitely be back.

Kitchen 713 Menu

4 Likes

sad face