I would never go hungry because...

I can live on bread baking and cheap eggs.

You?

Curious minds,
Rooster

You mean bread baking as a profession? or eating bread and eggs as single food for the rest of your life?

For me, single dish: ramen (or noodles)
Single cuisine: still hesitating between Vietnamese, Japanese and Chinese, probably Japanese

1 Like

Pizza. Or french fries. Or both!

1 Like

No, not professionally. I mean the foods that could sustain you if abundance was not an option.

My son asked me this question the other day and bread and eggs immediately came to mind. I was telling him about the cooking I have started getting into…which led to this question.

We are now too used to varieties. When I look at the original ingredients a few centuries ago in France, it was limited, and no tomatoes and potatoes.

…“I can ‘taco’ just about anything. And I pressure-cook beans.”

3 Likes

Amazing coincidence here on my side. I was thinking along these lines this morning while chewing on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on rye toast. :blush:

“Would I starve to death, if left all alone in this my old age?” My answer was a resounding “no”. I can do enough around a stove and outdoor grill to keep me well fed and a bit on the chubby side.

2 Likes

We can garden year round here, there’s always something to eat.

1 Like

Thats a fortunate situation anytime!

I would add tomatoes to eggs and bread. (and wine)

1 Like

Because I know how to cook

That sounds so sad!

And tequila

Not sure why this is popping up now, but…When I looked it up, hunger is “an increased appetite or craving for food.”, so yeah; it’s going to happen. Hopefully, I have the right options when it happens!