I Can't Think of a Snappy Title ...*

*Really, all that comes to mind is, “No. Just No. This is Idiotic” and “Okay, is this the sign of a doomed culture?” but those seem a bit too hyperbolic. **

**Though, in the interest of honesty, I did think both of those things - among others - when I saw the display.

1 Like

What is wrong with pumpkin spice Twinkies? The part about pumpkin or the part about Twinkies?
Can we deep fry them now?
There is always something about about we (some human) just like to deep fry everything… Soon we will have deep fry sushi…

“Gag me with a pumpkin spice spoon!”

I love homemade roasted pumpkin, pie and muffins but the annual pumpkin spice overload is just a train wreck we go to the grocery aisles to count off.

Pumpkin spice non food items gag me more than food items and some are seriously misguided.

Good for laughs though🤡

2 Likes

So I love pumpkin ice cream. Who doesn’t?

Thinking these things could be the foundation for a trifle, with rum-raisin creme fraiche & spiced brandy. What am I missing?? :wink:

Deep fried sushi already exists! Ever had a tempura roll? The roll is dipped in batter, fried, then cut.

But pumpkin spice twinkies? Yeah, probably a sign of the coming apocalypse :grinning:

1 Like

What about mayonnaise twinkies or ketchup twinkies? BBQ sauce twinkies… The choices are unlimited.

Let’s be a little more modern in our thinking Chem. Balsamic-Fig Twinkies…Quinoa Twinkies…

1 Like

I was hungry for dinner then I read the words ‘mayonnaise twinkies’ and I lost my appetite. The thought of ketchup twinkies doesn’t help either! :nauseated_face: :rofl:

4 Likes

Wait. Are you one of those people who dislike mayonnaise?

Wow, they actually sound quiet healthy.

I might need to use my 5th amendment rights here … :shushing_face:

I liked it as a child, on BLTs or a blue cheese sandwich, and with added lemon on artichokes. But anymore it seems like there’s always too much of it, and I don’t understand dipping fried potatoes in more oil (I’m a weirdo who prefers mustard. Did I mention ketchup is also terrible? Too sweet.). A couple weeks ago a friend offered to split a lobster roll, we were hungry after working a wedding. He put the full amount of mayo and I choked it down but the last few bites were a challenge, and it was only half the sandwich. It’s weird, I can only handle a few bites of many intensely fatty foods. Foie gras, bone marrow, even tempura can gross me out after a few bites because they’re so rich. Mayo falls in the same category. But fried potatoes and fatty cheeses are no holds barred.

Ketchup is fine, but a little boring for me. Usually, I like to eat fried potatoes as they are, but mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar are all pretty good choices too. By the way, just recently I had a lobster roll with the options of traditional mayonnaise and simple butter. I tried butter and it works out pretty good too.

1 Like

I actually just saw a menu online recently that featured their special deep fried sushi…(!!) the individual pcs were fried, for maximum fried surface area- then topped with various mayo sauces and whatever else of course. Totally terrifying.

3 Likes

Just another step closer to the Zombie Apocalypse. Pumkin-Geddon! In the end there will be only Zombies and Pumpkin Twinkies, they will survive anything.

1 Like

I totally agree with this one and find some of them delightfully hilarious.

what a great idea for April Fool’s Day!

Other than the mayo sauces, imagine if the pieces were coated with bread crumbs and not tempura batter. Seafood arancini!

1 Like

Let’s up the ante by pumpkin spicing one dessert to flavor another:

I’d like to see pumpkin spiced latte cheesecake icecream flavored Twinkies

4 Likes

And then you can deep fry it… and if you want to be healthy, then deep fry in olive oil or avocado oil

2 Likes

No no no. Pumpkin seed oil of course.

3 Likes

Oh my. I am really behind. I didn’t know about pumpkin seed oil benefits until I read your message. Apparently, Dr. Oz has been raving it for years.

https://www.doctoroz.com/gallery/10-plant-based-oils-you-didnt-know-existed?gallery=true

This is great. Deep dried pumpkin spice twinkies into pumpkin seed oil!

1 Like

I think you mean, the Fall of western civilization

4 Likes