Hot Dogs!

been making these hotdog-octopi for my kids for years – a knife and a microwave and you’re done. We go for tentacles half the length of the dog and impale the head on chopstick.

3 Likes
1 Like

Nice. Back in days of poverty we would make hotdog sushi with hotdogs and a loaf of bread. It was fun. I don’t really miss it tho.

1 Like

No one has mentioned the “Special”, essentially a really fat hot dog. They’d sometimes show up on Jewish deli menus. When we didn’t have a lot of money, that was dinner along with supermarket potato salad and cole slaw.

1 Like

Miller’s makes a really good Colossal-sized dog in both all beef and Polish sausage made from pork and beef (both uncured)… really good stuff!

3 Likes

Anyone here ever slice up hot dogs into their oatmeal?

Asking for a friend … :yum: :blush:

2 Likes

we call em “flavor crystals” when sliced up into chili

2 Likes

Ten minutes in and I’m still thinking about that.

2 Likes

The best accompaniment to a hot dog is a baseball game. Preferably at Yankee Stadium or Wtigley Field. Although there are some very good dogs to be had at Camden Yard, just the baseball isn’t as good.

4 Likes

Nothing beats a Fenway Frank - Red Sox are playing Houston Astros at home tonight in Fenway Park!!

1 Like

There’s definitely a dog in there, but this was my order from Mohamed at the Laney College flea market. Millers’ sausage, pristine produce, mine with jalapeno, cilantro, onion, dill pickle, mayo, mustard, hot sauce. A protein laced salad.

Mohamed was a sweetheart, remembered his customers’ orders,
He disappeared during lockdown and we miss him dearly. Such a lovely man, generous, embracing.
Covid had many victims.

13 Likes

7 Likes

You ordered a salad and they threw in a hot dog. And a bun.

4 Likes

You were doing creative fusion food! :grinning:

One of my roommates in college used to make hot dog sushi with rice and a seaweed wrapper, just like sushi prepared with fish. She’d grown up as part of a military family. Hot dog sushi was a childhood memory from her family’s time in South Korea.

4 Likes

Actually, to Mohamed’s consternation, several times I ordered one without the hot dog, just sa bunned super salad.

3 Likes
1 Like

Any recs for Wrigley Field eats? I may be going to a game there towards the end of the season.

1 Like

Since I dislike hotdogs I’m as un-American as can be. But then I’m not fond of baseball, apple pie or Chevrolet either.

About the only time I’d eat one was at the turn on the golf course. It was some spicy type I’d smother in pickled jalapeños, onion, and yellow mustard. They were pretty satisfying actually but otherwise I couldn’t eat them.

I wouldn’t know now. I grew up in Chicago & went to Wrigley as a kid
Many years ago.

I like hot dogs, am not American and don’t watch sports. LOL.

I prefer German cars to Chevrolet. :rofl:

I like fancy hot dogs.

2 Likes