Heinz Vintage Ketchup

Found this at the market yesterday. It tastes like tomato. It comes in a glass bottle. If they can do this, why don’t they do it on their “regular” ketchup?IMG_1234

2 Likes

Was it more expensive?

Yes, and that is likely,the answer

1 Like

I guess they also face competition from brands like Sir Kensington, which also tastes like tomatoes.

1 Like

By now, most people want ketchup to taste like ketchup, not tomatoes, alas.

Now I have to look for Heinz Vintage at the grocery store. Thank you, @winecountrygirl!

Here’s an interesting read I just saw about the history of ketchup as an iconic industrialized American flavor. My uncle used to say that he liked to “put ketchup on his ketchup,” and I imagine he had lots of company in that.

I have to say, its delicious! The bottle is so small - I only use it in places I really want to taste the ketchup. I don’t use it in, say, russian dressing. Going to get another bottle today.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your impression, @winecountrygirl. Still haven’t run across a bottle of Heinz Vintage locally in here in MA, but I will give it a whirl when I do.

3 Likes

$14.95 for a 14 oz. bottle on Amazon. ::::gulp:::

Yikes at $14.95 on Amazon. Market Basket is my local weekly shop and I haven’t ventured elsewhere yet.

No, I did not and would not pay that. $3.99, I think. Still high but its good.

Whole Foods or Wegmans is probably the only place in MA that I would see carrying this item, unless it’s a specialty store.

1 Like

Do you have Hannaford’s there? They have it.

1 Like

Yes, it’s my regular shop! I’ll check it out - but not for $14.95. LOL

Nope, it’s $3.89 at hannafords

1 Like