Excellent Wings at Club Miami (Keansburg)

After a few hours at Runaway Rapids, my BF and I were thirsty…and hungry. We had grabbed a beer at Club Miami a few weeks earlier. I remember enjoying the atmosphere but saying that I would not trust them with food. I was wrong!

We started off with rum buckets. I don’t know how many ounces. The bottom of the bucket read, “Serves 4. Sharing encouraged.” We polished off one each with ease. I am more of a drinker than him so I didn’t feel anything, but he got a little tipsy. It tasted good. Very refreshing.

The menu is very limited. Burgers, hot dogs, wings, and a plethora of fried and raw seafood. Again, I would never in my life trust them with raw oysters, but wings? Why not. We got a dozen. We watched the guy making them. He put a ton of sauce and we were getting worried that they would be soggy. Well, despite being doused, they were crispy as hell. I am FAR from a wing connoisseur but these may have been the best wings I’ve ever had. Sauce was probably out of a bottle, but the way the wings were done was heavenly. A messy masterpiece. Sauce everywhere. Probably an inch of it at the bottom of the basket, but a solid crunch with every bite. Highly recommended!

cm1

cm2

5 Likes

Wow, good looking wings Greg! I cooked up some some tonight. Let me try to grab a pic …stand by.

4 Likes

I might add the sign advertising their Rum Buckets said $12 but when we got the bill they were $10. Maybe there was a Happy Hour special although I did not see any such signage.

We differ on how we like our wings, how this place is serving them reminds me of Buffalo Wild Wings who seems to use a paint brush to soak on the sauce. I prefer wings lightly tossed in sauce so it is NOT overwhelming. Not trying to yuck your yum, you are by far a braver man than me for even trying the wings here, not sure I would try anything in Keansburg. (although my kids did work at a BBQ place a few years ago, Sizzle PIgs, don’t think they are still there anymore.) Oh and Jackie Keelans…not sure you can call yourself a Monmouth County resident if you haven’t spent a day/night at Keelans, it’s part of the initiation process.

1 Like

personally, I’m liking the way @corvette_johnny 's wings look!

If you like those wings, then you would love The Pour House wings, done on the grill behind the bar. It’s the whole wing like Johnny’s, big and meaty, the only downside is they only do bbq. (though I haven’t ever asked for any other way…hmmmm)

2 Likes

Those were made with some of this…spicy one. I’d check this kit out guys. I like their stuff a lot! It has flavor but isn’t hot in my eyes. If you can handle Frank’s red hot, you can easily handle these

1 Like

I bet they would do some dry rub if you ask them. I’m sure they have some Cajun seasoning there. It is just a matter of the bartender helping you out.

I don’t know, it’s 50/50 to get them to salt and pepper my steak before they put it on the grill. Sometimes they will do it, sometimes not, once they let me. Lol

1 Like

Wow, those are some half ass bartenders. I’d give it a shot and see what happens. Maybe try “can you guys prepare them any other way besides bbq?”

See what you get out of them

I didn’t want to be the one to say it, but this review lost me at Keansburg.

3 Likes

Understood. I never dared to consume anything from that area aside from a hot dog or booze. Color me pleasantly surprised. That being said, this will not lead me to be more adventurous. My Keansburg experience can peak at wings. :slight_smile:

@NotJrvedivici I have been to Jackie Keelan’s exactly one time. That was one time too many. Couple of beers, a nasty frozen “pub pretzel” and a few games of pool while being stared at by “regulars”.

1 Like

Yep! That’s Keelans! You should see the looks I get in a suit!

1 Like

The white Steve harvey! Lol

Do you have any of his suits?

I don’t think I’ve ever eaten in the burg, except for when my dad used to take me to bachstadts tavern. I think that is technically north middletown though (formerly known as east Keansburg but Keansburg had such a bad reputation that middletown changed the name to north middletown)…but I could be wrong. For a history lesson, middletown is so large that it uses surrounding post offices to handle mail.

Holy crap, that place was a dump but they turned out some incredible cheeseburgers! I remember being a kid and my dad would order me as many as I could put down. It was kind of like Jims burger haven but a bar lol