Elmhurst eateries

Hi, everyone. A couple of friends of mine want to have dinner in Elmhurst on Monday. One of them goes to Coco all the time but wants to go to another place, and the other one proposed Eim Khao Mun Kai, but they serve only Hainanese chicken rice and I’m on a low-carb diet, so though I could cheat a little, a specifically rice dinner is a little much for me right now.

Do you have any favorite places in Elmhurst, with a preference for places that have some good vegetable dishes or sides, among other dishes?

I had bookmarked these from that fantastic blog eat the world nyc, yet haven’t been (however i really trust all of his recommendations)
This thai spot with a menu that changes daily, but sounds like a lot of dishes are very spicy- also i would bring cash

And this other thai option also sounds fantastic

I just looked and he also posted about this argentinian spot which would certainly be low carb friendly if you’re looking for a very meaty meal

1 Like

Thanks a lot. We ended up going to Boon Chu, which was OK but not exceptional in any way. I’ll keep these places in mind.